Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM formula issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have this QM formula:

IF C020 > 0 AND C040 > 0 THEN (C020C040)/2 ELSE C020C040

For any values in characteristic 20 and 40, the formula is working. But if one of them is not filled so the formula didn´t return any value.

Some suggestion to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Charles Oliveira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the problem was not solved I'm "closing" the question. Thank you all.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done. I hadn't seen your posting before. Its not a pretty solution, but it would work.

You shiould create a new formula parameter function. I.e. Z1. You design and write the FM that goes behind this. You have to develop a standard and it would only be used for this specific situation.

you setup the tests as follows;

0900 perform calculation?: 1 = yes, 2 - no

0901 Z10900

etc..

Characteristic 0901 would have a formula of Z10900 where 900 is a test where the tech indicates that the required testing is done for the calculation. They would enter 1 to indicate the testing was completed.

Characteristic 901 would than be calculated.

In the Z1 FM you retrieve the values from characteristic 810 and 820 and do your calculation. Check for null values, and return the correct value to 0900. I would suggest that you make characteristic 20 and 40, in your example, a standard plan number. I.e. always use 810 and 820 for this process, (not 020 and 040). By work rules, 810 and 820 are not used in other plans or processes.

ff

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see this is an old post. Almost two years.

I do not work at the same company anymore.

Thank you anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliveira,

The formula which you have written is absolutely right,there is nothing wrong in it.

In order to calculate the formula one of the characteristic is to be given the value of 0 and has to be evaluated.

Formula works only if the characteristics are valuated.So you have to valuate all the characteristics.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Sreenath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chalasani,

Thank you for the reply.

So in my scenario, where one characteristic is filled and the other not that wouldn't work?

Because when I put C1 in the place of C0 it works, but only if the value entered is integer (didn't work to decimals).

Regards,

Charles Oliveira

P.S.: Did you know where I can find help about formula? I looked out in SAP Help portal but I didn't find anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

As Explained by Sreenath, you need to Evaluate the MIC by entering result as 0. Regarding Decimals, Please check the No of decimals Given for the Characteristics. If required change the Number of decimals and recheck the result.

Venkat.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In my case I can not fill the characteristic value with 0. When this characteristic is filled with zero mean that the characteristic exists but it value is insignificant while when it isn't filled means that the characteristic does not exist.

Thank you anyway.

Regards,

Charles Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your formula has 2mic, then you have to valuate those 2 mic's then only system automatically calculate the formula MIC

otherwise it won't

For decimal place check your MIC control indicator

bye

sami