cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Control-PS Info Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I was running the reconstruct Availability control to make new Availabltiy control setting effective, i came cross the below fact:

Recommendation

SAP recommends that you reconstruct the PS Info Database with transaction CJEN before activating availability control

Is it mandantory to run this?

Regards,

Kamal Rana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamal,

You want to run reconstruct availability control for the project i.e Txn CJBN. normally we are running this txn when we does cahnge in config. like You change one of the following indicators in the settings for the availability control in the budget profile for orders or projects:

Overall

Releases

Object currency

Please refer SAP note no. 922295 which describes the action to be taken after making these changes so that the availability control continues to work correctly.

After changing the settings for the availability control you must deactivate the availability control data and then reconstruct it.

For projects, use the following transactions to do this:

CJBW (deactivation)

CJBN (reconstruction)

Note

It is not sufficient to simply reconstruct the availability control (Transaction KO31 or CJBN) without deactivating it first!

-

I have taken extract of note SAP note. 922295 above.

I request you to try with above, if after following that sys pop up Recommendation message, Please follow that as CJEN is for the updating/ correcting The project information database - table RPSCO for following reports.

Hierarchy Reports

Structure Overview

Progress Analysis (earned value)

Project Planning Board.

As Virendra quoted "running CJEN at any time will not harm your system" Because same is made for the correcting your reporting table.

Regards

Nitin

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

running CJEN at any time cannot harm your system

so if SAP has recommended then I suggest that you do it