cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for particular table for particular user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to give a authorization for some tables to one user not all users.

for example:

zmco_curr this table i want to give a authorization to user A. other users should not access anything this table. Kindly suggest. Whether can i do it by PFCG or any idea.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear ,

I am also having sam e problem i have to assign some reports to some user but with different different look.

if your problem has been sloved then please guide me also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least you are using the search now, but you still have most of your backlog of unresolved questions to clean up.

As discussed before, please respect the forum rules.

Many thanks,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

The table should first be assigned to an authorisation group via SE54.

Then in the end users authorisation role assign the authorisation object S_TABU_DIS with the appropriate activity codes and table authorisation group.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Shall i add to any exiting Authorizaton group or i have to create one Z* Authorization Group.

Regards,

Sundar.C

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Shall i add to any exiting Authorizaton group or i have to create one Z* Authorization Group.

To know whether you can use an existing group you'll have to investigate which users have access to that group and decide whether you'll allow them access to your new table as well.

I'ts up to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundar,

As you have mentioned that "zmco_curr this table i want to give a authorization to user A" and not to other users. First find out this zmco_curr table is already assigned to any user group.

Using "SE11 T-code to find out the exact authorization group it is matched

If it is assigned to "N&C" authorization group, Create a new authorization group using the tcode SE54

and assign (Add) the same authorization group to the S_TABU_DIS object of this user role. (If the same role is assigned to any other users, Please create a new role and assign to this user). Don't edit the existing role as it will give privilages for other users too. If the table zmco_curr is assigned to any other authorization group other than N&C. Kindly remove the specified authroization group from other users role by finding the same using SUIM tcode - Role by complex selection criteria - and give with the authorization object zmco_curr and the authroization group value in the field.

Regards,

K. V. Shrinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

Thanks for your reply,

I have created the new authorization group as per your suggestion. but after creating the authorization

group, again i got onemore problem that is...

when i assign these this group to role in PFCG, there are two objects i have to assign that is

1. Authorization Group

2. Activitiy in S_TABU_DIS. but so many users having these authorization as * (All)

in other roles.

then how can I assign these to particular user?

Example:

Authorization Group *

Regards,

Sundar.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what you give them, then that is what they get.

You can also add more logic by creating a view of your own and protecting that, but it will only apply to that view.

Cheers,

Julius

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll need to link the table to a new or existing authorization group. (tr SE11)

Once this is done you can put the object S_TABU_DIS into a role (PFCG) and assign the corresponding authorization group to the field DICBERCLS.

Assign this role to your user and you should be fine.