cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: File adapter dynamic directory not safe with subdirectories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using variable substitution to determine the destination directory for my RFC->File scenario

In my RFC I have a tag called <PATH> that contains the full target path. If that path doesn't have subdirectories the variable substitution works perfect, for example:

<PATH>directory1</PATH>

Then in File adapter I have %var1% with the value of PATH and it works.

But if I want to add subdirectories on the path, for example <PATH>directory1/subd2/subd5</PATH> the solution doesn't work.

That's the error that I get:

Could not process due to error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: Error during variable substitution: java.text.ParseException: Security violation encountered during variable substitution: Content of variable var1 is not safe: directory1/subd2/subd5

How can I access to that directory?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

From help.sap:

To disable the check the adapter performs for the element data, set the Disable Security Checks indicator.

Otherwise, the adapter checks whether the element data contains characters that could lead to security risks in the file system environment. The check includes the characters u201C/u201C, u201C\u201C, and u201C..u201C.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carlos,

I've disabled the security flag and now works OK!

No problem of security because the communications is between 2 systems of the same business

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with similar thread