cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing Billing documents

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

After doing PGI when I tried to release the documents to accounting am getting an error msg saying "Error occurrd in deviation rule:see long text" also after saving the billing document systems says accounts document has not been created....help required....Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanakkumar

There is some derivation rule defined in finance or Co for the profit center , and that is the cause of the error

please check with FICO consultant to get it resolved

Thanks

Akasha

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

But I am practising in IDES so how sud I proceed next?.......

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What the long text says ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Below is the technical information of the error msg I received

"Error occurred in derivation rule. See long text

Message no. K/111

CO-PA Characteristic Derivation

Diagnosis

Step 0002 Prod.Cat. + Industry -> SBU

No entry in a derivation rule was found for the specified source fields.

The derivation rule was set up so that an error message appears when this happens.

The required derivation rule entry would need the following source fields:

Product category/Industry key

COMP/FOOD

Procedure

Create an entry in a derivation rule for these source field values. Make sure that entries exist for all the valid source field values. If the derivation should not always be carried out, you can also define a derivation rule so that no error message appears if a derivation rule entry does not exist.

Maintain entries

Maintain derivation strategy"

help me out...................

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar

If you receive a short dump when you create the billing document, execute this step. This activity fixes inconsistencies in the derivation rules in CO-PA. These inconsistencies might occur because of client copies or installation of different operating concerns via BC Set with different derivation rules.

Use the report RKEDRCHECK described in this section to determine if you have inconsistencies in you operating concern.

Procedure

1) Go to SA38

2) On the ABAP Execute Program screen, enter the program name RKEDRCHECK and choose Execute (F8).

3) On the Characteristic Derivation: Check table screen, choose Execute.

4) View the report to see if there were any inconsistencies(If you see some entries, that means inconsistencies exist). Choose Back (F3).

5) Make sure to deselect Check in all clients.

6) If there were no inconsistencies found, you do not need to process the rest of this task. If there were inconsistencies, select Delete inconsistent steps and choose Execute (F8).

7) The system displays the report screen with the message No inconsistencies found.

😎 You must regenerate the characteristic derivations.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for ur reply....but even after following the procedure u suggested the same error incurs.......the last step u said was to regenerate the characteristic deviation...how to do that?.......actually there is no inconsistencies.....help me out......

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

When I click on Accounting tab in VF02 system throws a message saying "Accounting document has not yet been created".......how sud I proceed further?.........................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar,

Go to, T. Code: VOFA

Select your Invoice-Type (say, F2) and "enter". Now,

Tab: General Control --> Field: Document Type

Check, whether Act. Doc. type is assigned or not?

I think, its not and thats why System has thrown the error:

"Accounting document has not yet been created"

So, please assign Acct. Doc. Type (say, for example - BL), as per FI's consult.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Note: To maintain FI - Number Ranges

T. Code: FBN1

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

As you said if I do any changes in the standard doc type F2 will that b advisable and thr r many document types(General control tab) are available which one I should go for?......am practising in IDES......so I am looking for ur suggestion.....Thanks in advance......