cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Island: Accessing variable in DataGrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to get access to a variable in a DataGrid in Adobe Flex. Without integrating FlashIsland it is working very well with the following coding:

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="url" headerText="Infos" width="15">

<mx:itemRenderer>

<mx:Component>

<mx:Button label="Details anzeigen" click="outerDocument.getURL(data.url)" />

</mx:Component>

</mx:itemRenderer>

</mx:DataGridColumn>

When integrating in SAP with FlashIsland I use the following coding:

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="" headerText="Infos" width="20"> <mx:itemRenderer> <mx:Component> <mx:Button label="Details anzeigen" click="outerDocument.getURL(data.link)"/> </mx:Component> </mx:itemRenderer> </mx:DataGridColumn> I get the error message: TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter url must be non-null. at global/flash.net::navigateToURL() at ZREWE_KAT02/getURL() at ZREWE_KAT02_inlineComponent1/___Button1_click() The error seems to be that I do not get access to the variable .

Any help is very much appreciated.

regards

stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is link actually the name of the context attribute that gets passed through the island? Generally the names are generated by the xBCML renderer and can be aliased so that they don't even match the name from Web Dynpro. This is why you are supposed to do the name mapping to a flex string variable for each context attribute within a context node. Keep in mind that this name is just a string holding the actual, runtime column name in the Flex datasource. You have to access the column name using dynamic references in Flex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunatly I am new to Flex and do not know how to map the attribut (column) to a string and how to use dynamic references in Flex. I think it is time to buy a book.

Thanks anyway.

regards

stefan