cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Application Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I created one WD Application. This page only contains 6 input fields and a Submit button. I developed and deployed the page, but when I am opening this application, page open successfully, but whole page is disable. I cannot enter any text even cannot click on Send button.

What can be the problem? I checked all the elements visibility they are set to "visible" and enable option is also true for all.

Thanks

Farooq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Farooq,

see in the case, UI elements are binded properly to attributes. These attributes are not direct to the root context. Where as those are in a separate node with cardinality 0...n

At runtime the node element instance is 0 unless it is created it through code. There are number of solutions and it could be applied as needed.

Sol 1: make the node cardinality as 1..1 or 1..n

Sol 2: create a node element for the node and add it to the same at view/component initialization.

sample code:

Node: MyNode

wdContext.nodeMyNode().addElement( wdContext.createMyNodeElement());

nikhiL

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason that the fields and the button are disabled is that the context nodes that you have bound them to are of the cardinality 0..n.

In such cases you will have to manually create the context attributes.

To do this you will have to:

1.) Create a Node object.

2.) Create the subnode object (if any)

3.) Create as many elements as you need using a for loop

4.) Set the attributes for each element using the setXXX() methods for each element

All this is done usually in the init() of the Compononet Controller.

Use the Java Development Manual available at the SCN in case of more issues.

p256960

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have u bind the input field to any context attribute if not bind it .... then the text field will become enable.

And for button you have to attach an action then only it will enable.

Thanks and regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that. Even I set an Action for the button.

Let me restart my server...as I am seeing lots of time when I am opening any application it is giving 501 Error. Hope it might resolve my problem:)

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also can you please tell me the name of the SAP documents for Java Web Dynpro (a kind of study material by SAP)?

Thanks

Farooq