Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How may i copy an standard ess copmonent into NWDS

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all ,

I have to copy an Standard ESS/MSS component.e.g.ess/us/pdata then rename it with ess/sa/padata.

So that we can make the changes on ess/sa/padata. and our original copy remain unaffected.

To copy a standard one i follow below steps.

1.Create a new DC with the same name as the old DC.

2. Go to navigator and expand the structure of old DC.Copy the src folder from there.

3. Now Expand the structure of new DC.Paste the src folder from old DC to new one.

4.Close the DC and then re load +build.

But when copied dc contains lots of error and when i looked into DC there is lots of thing missing there .

e.g. proper mapping is missing component .

I want to know my approach was right or not.

if right is there anything else step that i need to do.

Or what will be the other approach to do it right way.

Thanks.

Punit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

Assuming that you have set up NWDI, ESS track and imported configurations into NWDS.

Open DI perspective. Open 'Inactive' tab. Select the the project, right click and select "Create Project". If you want to copy the project or rename the project you can follow this [thread | ]to copy project.

For DC:

In step 1: Go to <Inst.Drive>:Documents and Settings<user>.dtcLocalDevelopmentDCssap.com<DC>\_comp

Regards,

Siva

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am talking about standard ESS/MSS DCs how may i make a copy of this standard component .

e.g.ess/us/pdata into ess/sa/pdata

To copy a standard one i follow below steps.

1.Create a new DC with the same name as the old DC.

2. Go to navigator and expand the structure of old DC.Copy the src folder from there.

3. Now Expand the structure of new DC.Paste the src folder from old DC to new one.

4.Close the DC and then re load +build.

But when copied dc contains lots of error and when i looked into DC there is lots of thing missing there .

e.g. proper mapping is missing component .

I want to know my approach was right or not.

if right is there anything else step that i need to do.

Or what will be the other approach to do it right way.

Please give me its solution

Thanks.

Punit

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

Your approach is correct. But at times, you may get class path errors. Try to re-build and repair project. Still if you have errors, try to remove and add the jar files.

Select your project-> right click and and select Properties -> Java Build Path --> Switch to the Libraries tab -> remove the the jar files which are showing warnings and add the new jar files.

Regards,

Siva

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the mapping, check the DC uses any jar / Used Dc's. If everything is fine. then...

in your NWDS, go to navigation view, expand your project structure... delete gen_wdp folder.

come to web dynpro explorer, do DC BUILD, then rebuild the entire project. this will solve the errors.

( this is because.... while you copy and paste the src, some code in the internal java file code may miss which exist in gen_wdp folder, if you delete it and rebuild it then new code will be generated).

PradeeP

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried to do it

Select your project-> right click and and select Properties -> Java Build Path --> Switch to the Libraries tab -> there is lots of jar files but there is very less jar files in amount in comparison to original component.

and lots of mapping get removed.

How may i made exact copy of original DC.

Thanks.

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

I've never done a full copy without doing things by hand in DC.

For DCs you need to use other DCs which will then turn up in the java build path...so my advise is the same as above. Check your used DCs, shouldn't be that hard to add them.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punit,

My guess is that the original DC has some additional used DCs.

Keep in mind though that you might have problems after deploying/running your application because your DCs use the same namespaces.

J