Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization over Partners (ME22N)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In Tcode ME22N, the user(s) mentioned under the "partners" tab should be the only ones who should have authorization to edit that specific PO.

Can you please advise me how to achieve this ?

Many thanks !

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess in M22N they have partner tab, with help of functional people you can take list of user-ID's and grant access of ME22 tcode to only these user-ID's. In ME22 we can change purchase order.

Check if this works!!

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment but I wish that was the case Sneha. Ok let me clarify it with the help of an example:

Suppose we have 4 users A,B,C and D. Suppose PO # 123 is created by user A. In this case his user id will be appearing in partner list. B,C and D shouldnt be able to edit PO # 123 except for A.

Similary if user C creates a PO # 345 then only he should be able to edit it, and A,B and D should have no editable access to this PO.

If I get list of all users existing in partner list for all POs that will result in A,B,C and D. And if I give them change rights then they'll be able to mess with each others PO .. which is not our objective.

I hope I am able to clarify my problem.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for this you can create four different roles and with the help of below authorization object please check if you can restrict edit activity for that specific PO.

M_BEST_BSA - Document type in purchase order

M_BEST_EKG - Purchasing group in purchase order.

M_BEST_EKO - Purchasing organisation in purchase order.

M_BEST_WRK -Plant in purchase order.

Hope each user must be having some unique ( document type, purchasing group, purchasing organisation or plant ) key.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

The object you are looking for is M_BEST_EKG - Purchasing group in purchase order.. Assign a differnet purchasing group to each user role ( 4 different roles ). Thereby the user will be able to create/change PO only for his purchasing group.

For example, you can have one instance of of M_BEST_EKG with actvt 01, 02 and EKGRP as say 000 for role of user A and another instance of the same object with actvt 03 with EKGRP as * for ability to display all POs in his Purchasing Organization.