cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction during procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client procure raw material from vendors. During inspection if certain parameters found above allowable percentage, they will accept the full quantity but deduct certain amount from delivered materials after negotiating with vendor.

How can we best address this through standard SAP, as deduction decision will be taken by quality and this needs to be informed to purchase department before invoice verification.

Right now option is to inform purchasing department manually, is it possible to automatically inform purchase regarding this deduction.

Guys who would help me will be heavily rewarded

Thx in advance

Jaison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to modify FM by copying std one, so i can meet my requirement.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It is possible to send a mail to a distribution list.

The standard system also contains several executable examples of function modules for follow-up actions:Sending a mail to a distribution list with information about the usage decision and quality score.

Sending a mail to a distribution list with information about the usage decision, quality score and stock posting.In the standard system, the distribution list only contains the name of the user who made the usage decision.Do not change the function modules that are provided as examples. Make copies of these modules instead and save them under different names.

Please try with these inputs.

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamal and Nagesh, thats a great advice. thx for your assistance.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaison,

We have done the same thing through alert management. What we have done is we have modified a followup action to includes a function module . In that FM we have defined roles of FI and MM guys who require to get the alerts in their mail box. The reason why we used roles is because to select the individaul mail ID for all plants will be difficult.

So the logic given is when the UD code is selected it will look for the derived roles of FI and MM guys for that plant only and take their mail IDs from User profile maintained in SAP and send it to their mail box with reason for rejection, material details, quantity details etc

Hope this helps you

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means we dont have a standard to assign the user id to which we have to send email. Here in this case I think we may need to do some enhancement in the Functional Module. Am I correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaison,

In normal case, I mean the quality meet 100% to the acceptance criteria then there would be no any negotiation in Payment, Correct?

So, to map the scenario the work out can be done like this.........

Create a separate UD Code in QS41 as "Conditionally Approved" and assign the mail function module as a follow-up action to it, in QS51.

Assign the relevant user ID (You can Assign Internal and External User IDs here) to this mail function module.

Now when there will be such condition where the deducted payment to be paid to the vendor due to quality reasons, the QA guy will select the Separately created "Conditionally Approved" to perform UD and make the description regarding the payment in the UD long text about the payment deduction for the lot.

As soon as you will save the UD with this "Conditionally Approved" UD code, having the follow-up action with mail function module, the system will fire a mail to the relevant users about the deduction in the payment.

Now it's their job to go and see the details in the UD Long text about the payment.

Hope the given solution may help you.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shyamal,

Thats a great advice you have given. I am able to generate follow up emails after assigning UD with follow up function in selected set. But my problem is receipient address is selecting from FM itself and I feel standard setting is such that email will go to UD changed persons id. Is it possible to assign another user id in FM, so that I can send email to purchase person who verifies invoice.