Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing generated HTML templates for ITSMOBILE GUI

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there an easy way to resize HTML templates to display on a mobile device? I have created and published Internet Services for standard transactions LM01, LM03, LM05 and LM06. They all use the ITSMOBILE GUI.

The generated templates take the screen size from the standard screen as default, therefore they are much too big for a mobile device. I can manually edit the HTML templates in SE80 to resize the screens, but this involves changing the HTML code to reposition all screen fields, push buttons etc.

Am I missing a trick? is there an easy way to generate HTML templates to a given screen size? or is there a GUI HTML editor that I can use to tweak the templates once generated?

I have searched SDN and SAP Help but could not find anything to help.

Any help appreciated.

Che.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor

Hello Che,

What parameters are in the SICF GUI Settings for the services you generated?

Edgar

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I have the following settings defined in the SICF GUI:

~THEME 99

~TRANSACTION ZLM06

#MOBILE This is a mobile service

~ITSMOBILE 1

#ENABLE BACKGROUND SOUND FOR MESSAGES

~ITSMOBILEMSGSOUND 1

One thing I forgot to mention is that I have not tried the screens on a mobile device, only on a standard monitor display. The screens look rather large, will they auto resize when displayed on a mobile device?

Che

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Che,

Please test it on a mobile browser or at least an emulator. Thanks.

Edgar

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I have now tried the screens using both an Emulator and actual Windows Mobile device and the screens do indeed auto resize.

Thanks for you help.

Che.

0 Kudos

Hi Che,

i'm facing same problem with templates for transaction LM03, LM05 and no real auto resize was done on the mobile.

Do you know if a parameter is used for resize in SICF or specific patch level is required for autoresize working?

Thanks a lot.

Giovanni

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

I think this is a common misunderstanding, the screens do not auto-resize at all. The only reason the screens fit onto a mobile device is because the screens are designed to fit a screen that is 18x40 or 16x20 (off the top of my head). Take a look at the screen dimensions in SE80 and you shall see that each LMxx screen is designed to be much much smaller than a standard screen. Therefore they shall fit a mobile device without any need for re-sizing.

Transaction LM00 lets you set the screen size to either 16x20 or 18x40. Make sure when you generate the HTML templates you use the Mobile template.

If you still have problems please do let us know.

Che

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Che

I am enabling the same transactions. I notice that they do fit the mobile devices but I notice the following issues.

Quite a bit of space between menu options

cursor positions directly to the prompt, so the user has to scroll up to the screen to click on the menu

within the transaction screens, the labels and fields are repositioned as one below the other instead of beside each other.

I have exactly the same parameters as you in SICF and SE80.

0 Kudos

Hello again Che,

thanks a lot for your answer.

If I understood the point I can use standard Internet Service LM00 in SE80 and link ICF service ZLM00 to it using parameter

~SOURCES = LM00

in SICF.

I've created my own Internet Service called ZLM00 and used generation style "Mobile devices" is it right way?

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have used only the following parm

~transaction

~theme

~itsmobile

0 Kudos

Hello again Che,

I was searching for emulator to check the result of adjustments to HTML templates on laptop before changing congiguration of mobile devices.

Which emulator program did you used in your tests?

Thanks a lot

Giovanni

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

I created my own Internet Service Zxxx in SE80 and my own ICF service Zxxx.

I then used ~SOURCES = Zxxx,itsmobile

Using itsmobile in the source path brings in html templates for logoff popups.

Not sure about using standard internet service LM00.

Do not remember which emulator I used but I think it was from the Microsoft website, I have since removed the emulator. To be honest it would be best to get your hands on an actual mobile device, lots of PDAs run Windows Mobile if you cannot get an RF handheld. I used an XDA mobile device to start my testing and then got hold of a RF handheld by Symbol.

Che

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Are you sure your using the correct screen size, try switching between 16x20 and 8x40 to get best fit. If none of these work then it maybe that the screen on your mobile device is not suited to either.

Che

Former Member
0 Kudos

Che,

I have tried switching between 16x20 and 8x40. On the VMU device, by default in some of the screens I get the horizontal and vertical scroll toolbar. which the users are trying to avoid. They want it all fit in one screen.

In the Handheld device, the fields and labels are getting repositioned to fit the screen.

I am using Symbol device. Does your app also work the same way on the VMU and HH ?.

Also I noticed in LRFMD, there is one more option besides 16x20 & 8x40. It say 16x20ITS. but can't get LM00 to work with this option. Do you see this option in your system too ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar/Che,

I do have the same screen size problem. I am using Symbol MC9090 with Windows Mobile.

For instance, the standard service LM00 without any change displays big screen, ofcourse Opera browser allows me to zoom but this is not practical.

I came across three notes to get 16X20ITS working. Take a look at SAP notes 1119053, 1119053 & 1128698.

Let me know, if you are sucessfull with this.

I need some information:

1. What browser are you using?

2. Could you hide the little push buttons that appears in a line (above the normal F1-Save and F2-Clear)?

3. Are you happy with the response time?

4. Is your session getting deleted, if you do not logoff properly?

5. Did you face problem with the standard IE on Windows Mobile?

Thankyou in advance

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how to get rid of the Avalance Wavelink toolbar on the bottom of the mc9090 display, nor the Options toolbar at the top of the display. Sounds similar to what Vic mentioned in his post.

Answers (0)