Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting F4 values according to user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to restrict the F4 list which gets popped up for a transaction according to the user.

For example, assume that tcode MIGO has 3 vendors in F4 input list - A, B, C

> When user DEMO logs in, F4 should list only vendor A.

> When user TEST logs in, F4 should list only vendor B.....

How can I enforce this kind of restriction?

Thank a lot in advance!!

Regards,

Sundar.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > When user DEMO logs in, F4 should list only vendor A.

>

> > When user TEST logs in, F4 should list only vendor B.....

>

> How can I enforce this kind of restriction?

To find out if it is at all possible best start a system trace (ST01) for authrozations on your user. Start MIGO and hit the F4 button but do nothing else.

In the trace evaluation you can now see wether any (and which) authority check was performed when the input help was called. If not, then it is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no object to impose such an restriction.

0 Kudos

>

> There is no object to impose such an restriction.

I don't think the problem will be to find an appropriate object to "group" the vendors for an auth-check, but rather the fact that F4 search helps are generally not transaction sensitive for their checks, so in the absence of requirements will often not make those checks, but only return sufficient fields which are usefull for selecting or identifying the account wanted when searching.

Basically it makes the assumption that the user already has a legitimate reason to display something in the application area, so they are allowed to search through it as well. Also makes one wonder a bit about adding "harmless" display authority to roles which the user does not have an obvious transaction code for to use...

Some of the remote enabled search functions make more granular checks which you can use, also as coding demos for the exit option mentioned by Alex if you don't want all their checks in the exit, which is generally recommended to restrict transaction or program specifically as well so that others are not interfered with.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cf/21ee52446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

This may be possible if you work with a developer to restrict appropriately

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundar,

As for the restriction you have mentioned. there is a work around at the end user level to select the wanted vendors and remove the unwanted list. At the sap GUI screen level you have to do it.

Press the F4 key the list will get popped up, in that there is a icon next to binacular, "Insert in Personal list". Select the value you want to be in your personal list.

When you go the screen next time, only the selected list will be shown. Other items are hidded.

If you want to display all values click the "Display all values" icon. It will show the other values.

***FOR PERMANENT RESTRICTIONS, use the organization levels in the role $EKORG (Purchase Organization) or $EKGRP (Purchasing group)****

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards,

K. V. Shrinivasan.

I want to restrict the F4 list which gets popped up for a transaction according to the user.

For example, assume that tcode MIGO has 3 vendors in F4 input list - A, B, C

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 30, 2008 6:29 AM