cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a sales order with BOM material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to create a material with BOM and then create a sales order with that material. But i don't know is that proces going. Please can you explain me if which item category do i have to use and how i will create a sales order?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor

Dear Jack,

First you create master data for the header material and sub item through MM01 transaction.

While creating master data you maintain ERLA as itemcategory group if you want header level pricing or maintain LUMF as itemcategory group if you want item wise pricing.

If there is no specification you can maintain NORM as itemcategory.

Go to CS01 transactiom create BOM for the header material with sub items,with BOM use 5-Sales and distribution

Go to VOV4 transaction do the item category determination for youe document type.

Item category will determin based on these data

For header item

Sales documen type+itemcategory group-->Itemcategory

For sub items

Sales documen typeitemcategory groupHigher level itemcategory-->Itemcategory.

Go to VOV7 transaction then select your header material item category then go in to the details here you maintain the fields Structure scope as A-Explode single-level bill of material and Application as SD01 under Bill Of Material/Configuration tab

Maintain the stock for all materials

Now you can create sales order with that BOM.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralli,,

Thanks for your reply. it is very helpful. BUt i want to ask one more question.

In CS01 which item category do i have to choose?( document item, pm structure , class item etc..)

Please can you guide me senior?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should have been "L" under the tab "ICt"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In vov4 do i have to use item usage for the sub item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.. I have found my mistake.

In VOV4 ı have made wrong while i choosing sub item category.

thanks for your efforts..

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create main material with item category group (ERLA OR LUMF) in sales org. 2. Then create component as ordinary material. Then create BOM Tcode CS01, Put main material, plant & bom usage - 5.

Enter & mainatin component with categry L.

Now maintain stock & pricing condition record then create sales order.

OR

Sales BOM Implementation

A bill of material (BOM) describes the different components that together create a product. A BOM for a bicycle, for example, consists of all the parts that make up the bicycle: the frame, the saddle, wheels, and so on.

Process Flow

When you enter the material number of a bill of materials that is relevant for sales order processing, the system displays the material that describes the whole bill of materials as a main item. The individual components are displayed as lower-level items.

There are two ways to process a bill of materials in Sales. Once you have entered a bill of material in a sales order, the system runs pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at:

- Main item level if the material is assembled, or

- Component level if the material is not assembled

The type of processing used by the system is determined by the item category group that you enter in the material master record for relevant materials.

Processing at Main Item Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter ERLA in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

Processing at Component Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter LUMF in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group

Rgds

San

Edited by: SAN_SD on Nov 28, 2008 10:58 AM

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

But when we practise in IDES how sud ve maintain te stock.....cud u help me out....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stock ypu need to maintain for main item & component (sub-item) as you manintain for normal material

thru TCode MB1C.

Rgds

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not working.

I have created two material with item category group ERLA. Then i go CS01 and create a BOM with material 449 and component 450 with iCL=L.. In VOV7 ı have maintain Structure scope as A-Explode single-level bill of material and Application as SD01 under Bill Of Material/Configuration tab

.. and then in VOV4 item category determination

For header item

Sales documen type+itemcategory group-->Itemcategory

For sub items

Sales documen typeitemcategory groupHigher level itemcategory-->Itemcategory

But when i create a sales order with material 449 it is not working. In sales order there is a just create 449.

Where did i a make a wrong???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

In case of trading material what is the step, please provide me the step.

regards

skdas