cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit limit for a specific period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

This is regarding credit period versus credit limit block for a customer.

requirement:

Any billing to a customer having an ageing bucket value of greater than 180 days should be released only thru VKM3 post joint approval by Business Head/CFO or Controller. the basic Idea is to reduce bad debt exposure or maximize collections to release fresh credit.

How to achieve this?

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing,opening another thread

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

In t code OVA8 choose your credit control area,risk category, credit group combination and click on its details

In this you will find a tab on credit limit on seasonal factor

In that try with your requirement

Actually how it works is suppose in FD32 if you have defined the customer a credit limit of Rs 1 lak

and if for a particular period that is during a seasonal time you want to increase the credit limit for him by another 25 % say between 1.11.2008 to 30.11.2008 you can do so with this

So that between 1.11.2008 to 30.11.2008 you can do so with this

So that between 1.11.2008 to 30.11.2008 his credit limit becomes 1.25 lak as against 1.00

After this period it goes back to 1 lak

You can reduce the credit limit also thro this for a specified period

Try to map your requirement with this feature available

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 28, 2008 5:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i think there is no separate object in standard SAP to enable you to restrict authorizations based on the number of days for outstanding items. therefore, you may need ABAP to create an object for this and insert in authorizations.

i hope somebody can support or disprove this?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is standard SAP functionality of credit horizon.

If the sales is within this credit horizon then it will check the credit value according to the dates specified.

You can maintain this credit horizon with the tcode:FCV3.

If you are looking for some more advanced application , please communicate the same.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD,

Thanks for the reply. but what to do with this t.code fcv3? I believe the user requires at the central/client level for all his customers to be maintained at a maximum credit block in the event of exceeding more than 180 days.is it the case? or am I wrong in my perception. how to go about this now?

Regards,

Raj