cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding Agents in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, can anyone share with me on how, when or where we use forwarding agents in Sales Order?

I am from Financial Background but I am keen to move into SD consultant role. The forwarding agent in the Sales Order is referring to Customer Forwarder or we engage a 3rd party forwarder?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in partner function u can chose the forwarding agent u can save the document atomatically it will happen.

i hope it will help full for u.

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

You use forwarding agent in Shipping & Transporter.

It can be logistc company who will ship the goods to the customer or it can be middleman who is taking care of the movement of the goods till it reaches in the hands of your ship to party.

Regds

MM

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi man,

As I know, when you use Transportation, in there you can find the place to set the forwarding agent for you shipment. Please see more details in Transportation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lin,

[Forwardinf Agent|]

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should rephrase my questions or rather explain what I am trying to know.

Say I got a sales order from a customer A. I want to ship to this customer via a 3rd party forwarder I enagage, so can I just put the forwarder as ship-to-party, so once the forwarder comes to me and collect the Finished Goods to collect to the customer, I can post the goods issue in SAP?

Or is there a better way to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, the questions is my mind is what is the way to do it.

1) If sales order from customer and I enagage my a forwarder for e.g DHL to come and collect the goods to deliver to the customer,

2) Customer send their forwarder to me and collect the goods themselves.

How do I play around with the ship-to-party and forwarder in this sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lin Richard

The forwarding Agent is nothing but the carrier of the goods to its final destination. The same you can assign in the partner function (agsinst yr sold to party code).

Both the way u can do it depend on the incoterms of the business agreement.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My question is: If the forwarder is one that I engage, for e.g DHL, then if I put DHL as the forwarder in the sales order, will it auto create a PO for the forwarder charge? What purpose it serve to put the forwarder in the sales order? And lastly, the ship to party is still the customer location or DHL location?