cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS - Best Practices - Single version of the truth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I'm very new to SAP PS and have previously logged a similar thread on this subject.

There appears to be mixed locations/naming standards for the various Best Practice Guides which I'd like some clarification on.

In some instance J* Type Best Practice Guides are used, in other case 10* Type Best Practice Guides are used.

Yet they may contain very similar build instructions, is any one able to guide me on which versions I should be looking at. Is there a reason or rule to understand these naming conventions.

I'm coming from a CRM background and our best practice guides are very clearly named.

Many Thanks in advance

Panduranga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is anyone able to answer this?

Many Thanks

virendra_pal
Active Contributor

SAP PS functionality is probably not as straightforward as CRM

It spreads accross various modules - and across different industries - and has to deal with a variety of combinations e.g. country specific. Just imagine that PS support a project manager - whatever you define as a project can be managed using PS

There can be various scenarios -

is it a cost project?

are you capitalising your costs?

is there any internal production involved?

how are you procuring materials?

who are the resources doing the work - internal or external?

all these impact the project business process and hence for each such scenario best practices has to be selected.

So go through all the best practive available and then select the practice closet to your bsuiness process

Answers (0)