cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data from DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is a requirment where we have to export the mass data from SAP DMS to local drive or some secure drive.

We need all the attributes of the DIR (object link, classification,doc BOM) to be come in the flat file or excel files *along with physical copy of the files attached to the DIR (file name, file path)

Is there any fumction module or prgram available to do this.

Regards,

Nitin Bhagat

(right answer will get full points)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

which BAPI transcation is used to retrieve files frm DMS and how to stored in local disk

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I think that maybe the DMS BAPIs or APIs may help here. So it would be possible to read all document info record related data with BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAILS2. To copy the original files from the Content Server to your local drive you may use the logic of report DMS_KPRO_READ or the coding of class 'cl_gui_frontend_services'. Maybe method 'FILE_COPY' is the right one for your function.

However in the standard there is no such report available, so I think you have to create you own report for this. But this report can include the mentioned BAPI and mehtod.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Hopf / Nitin,

continuining with the discussions for the requirement, which is expected by many client

where we have to export the mass data from SAP DMS to local drive or Optical drives.

1) can i know if you have tried this and succeeded, could we be able to get all the details of the DIR and the original files attached to the DIR, get stored to system local drive or Optical drives.

2) Importantantly if this happens can i open the files with my normal windows, like once the original are copied from content server to my local storage, then there is no need of logging in to SAP DMS to view the files, i'm i right?

ie.. i want to know when the originals are copied from the secure storage content server to the Local storage area / Optical drives, once copied then the seccurity no more applies and the files can be viewed through normal clicking on it and opening the same. is my understanding right? please clarify.

Thanks and regards,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but itu2019s possible to export all DIR data and originals to your local drive with CV04n. Could this be an alternative for you? I also know that SEAL system has a solution for this but I guess you have to pay additional license for that functionality so if the functionality in CV04n then you could use it right out of the box.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Pehrson