cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM 5.3: Role requested is currently locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While trying to change my role, I encounter an error message 'Role requested is currently locked by user XXXXX(XXXX)'. It says that role is locked by my user id. However, I have approved the role in CUP 5.3 and the approval request is now with status 'close'.

Role design methodology is as follows:

Definition -> Define Authorization -> Risk Analysis -> Approval ->Role Generation

The methodology step 'Approval' is in green. I am now at the Role Generation stage, but not able to complete it due to this error.

Does anyone know how to unlock roles in ERM?

Thanks & regards,

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie,

'Role requested is currently locked by user XXXXX(XXXX)' means that the user XXXXX is changing updating the role, maybe in the backend itself. Unless the user XXXXXX releases the role, you would not be able to change/update it as changes to a role can be done by only one user at a time. This is called locking of the role.

Thus either wait for the user XXXXX to release the role after he/she changes it or you can ask the user to get out of the change mode in the role so that you can go ahead and change it.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

Thank you for your response.

For this case, the userid XXXXX is my own user id. I am not changing the role in pfcg, but I still see this error in ERM.

Any idea why is this error still occuring?

Thanks,

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie,

You are welcome.

Then probably you must have the role open in ERM itself. Best would be try logging off in ERM and then log in again. This should release the lock.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

The problem occured since yesterday. I've logged off and logged in several times and I am still seeing the same error for the same role.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if any other request is open for this role..which SP level are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

The problem is now solved. The web service was restarted and it is working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Debbie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Debbie,

Can you let us know how you restarted the web services for ERM 5.3.

As i am also getting the message" role is locked by user".

Please let me know the resolution.

Regards,

Nazeer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nazeer,

Are you able to unlock your role(s) in Configuration -> Administration -> Lock Management ? Select the role(s) and click unlock.

The Basis team in charge will be able to know how to restart the web service.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

To get webservices restarted, goto visual admil tool - services - deploy- Goto left hand side -

Below are two services for ERM -

sap.com/grc~reapprswsear - WEB SERVICE PORTS: /AEWFCADApproversServiceWS_5_2/Config1 - webservices

Stop application and then start application.

sap.com/grc~reworkflowexitwsearWEB SERVICE PORTS: /AEWFExitServiceWS_5_2/Config1

- webservices

Stop and start application.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question i have is how are you going to restart the web services for ERM5.3

Thanks in advance.