cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding message flow in sap xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i want to the flow of message from outbound system to inbound system completly.

ie i want to know ---which components like message interfaces,rd,id,sa,ra,.............such types.i want to know the complete flow and after which step which is to be taken place.

also i want to know the steps involved in pipeline and when it will be called in the above sequence.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The steps involved in XI message flow are below.

1.Receiver Identification - Determines which system to participate in an exchange with the incoming message.

2.Interface Determination - For each receiver system determines which interfaces should receive a message.

3.Message Split - If multiple receivers are found, XI will instatiate a new message for each receiver.

4.Message Mapping - Call the mapping program to transfer the message structure to the receiver format.

5.Technical routing - Bind a specific destination and protocol to the message.

6.Call adapter. Send the transformed message to the adapter or proxy.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First search on SDN

Message flow in XI look

Pipeline steps look thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i need explanation regarding when message interfaces will be called ,

when receiver determination ,interface determination,sender aggrement receiver aggrement, and all those will be called and in which sequence. fron sender system to receiver system.

after which step ; which step will be called and the purpose of that step.

i need clear explanation from you guys.

could u plz reply me.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. First sender agreement is checked to check the active communication channel to initiate the sceanrio.

2. Receiver determination where first sender interface and namespace are checked and then receiver system name is checked.

4. Then in Interface determination, receiver interface and namespace are checked along with mapping between outbound and inbound interface.

5. At last receiver agreement to understand where to deliver message.

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this sap help topic, it will help you in understanding the message flow step wise

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a1/e9763c997fda50e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Learner,

You can find so many threads on this topic.

Go thorgh the following blog for more details

REgards

Goli Sridhar