Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPscript: jumbled words when printing thai amount in words

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Hope somebody can help me with the issue. Here's the problem:

I have two variables that contain the thai characters retrieved using SPELL_AMOUNT.

When i display those two variables, &WORD& and &DECWORD&, on a window with length 7in, it is being displayed correctly.

But when i display it on a smaller window, the thai characters gets jumbled.

Here's a sample in English: the spell_amount of 123.45

if i display &WORD& = 123 and &DECWORD& = 45

Correct: ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THREE FORTY FIVE. ---displayed only in when the window is stretched fully

Messed Up: THREE FORTY FIVE ONE HUNDRED TWENTY

Here's are the pics of the actual printed document and the sapscript layout:

Link: [http://www.geocities.com/dextermarius/sdn_image.jpg]

WINDOW2 contains the same variables with AMOUNTW. WINDOW2 shows the correct output but AMOUNTW contained jumbled words.

What i really wanted to do is display just 1 string varible that contains the concatenated words of

&WORD& 'BAHT'&DECWORD& 'SATANG' and put it in window AMOUNTW.

I tried to expand the page width using SPAD and extended the window width but the output was still jumbled.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As you have already noticed, the string is printed correctly is the window is elongated. I understnad that this is related to check printing and you have limitation with the width of the window.The only solution to your problem would be to increase the height of the window so that the amount can come in 2 lines. This would be necessary also for cases where the amount is larger.

Cheers!