cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comm Channel and Adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Scenario is RFC-XI-JDBC. I created one Message Interface, synchronous, abstract, and did the Interface mapping.

I created sender comm channel, receiver comm channel. I configured Sender Adapter(RFC) and Receiver Adapter(JDBC).

I have a little confusion, do I need another two comm channels and another two sender(jdbc) and receiver(RFC) adapters.

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As your scenario says that you are making use of sync communication. Using the same sender and receiver channel the request and response comm is handled. While you create the outbound interface you check the option of msg interface type as sync.

So bottom line is you dont have to create two seperate channel to get the response from the JDBC adapter.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Ajay

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Adding to Renjith, you don't need to have two comm channels but you do need to create two mappings in IR one is for Req mapping from RFC-->JDBC and the other one is response mapping from JDBC to RFC. And also make sure you fill in the request and response tabs with the mappings in the Inteface Mapping Object in IR. This helps while configuring your routing rules in ID.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam, Renjith, Naveen,

Thanks for the help. I did like that only in IR Mapping, one is Request(rfc-jdbc), response(jdbc-rfc).

Now configuring Jdbc, hopefully it works.

Thanks,

Raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you usnig BPM in your scenario?. Otherwise you've to change the interface type from Abstract to Outbound.

Rgds,

Jothivel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothivel,

I am not considering of BPM due to its complexity for this scenario. If I need to do change the interface from abstract to Outbound then, I think I need to create Inbound Message Interface also, correct me.

I will consider of using BPM, since we have some validations before we update the Jdbc.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you donot require channels in the reverse direction...

Since the call RFC --> JDBC is synchronous response is routed back through the way the request came through...

Thanks,

Renjith.