Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, pls help advise. Thx.

Item category TAW & DSI have not been assigned to the specific sales order types. But they can be showed when pressing F4 in the orders.

To delete those two item categories is not preferred. How to solve?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

System may give all the itemcategories list in F4, but if you try to enter those itemcategories in the order, system will give error message due to not determine the itemcategories for those sales document types(If didn't assign those itemcategories).I think this control is enough to avoid those item categories in those orders.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murali, thx for your prompt reply.

Yes, I agree on that. The question is those two item categories have not been assigned to the specific orders. Suppose they should not be populated when pressing F4. But why they still show up?

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

Please check settings in VOV4 transaction for those order and with those itemcategories by mistakenly those might come while copying.

If the assignments of these itemcategories exist for your order type then you delete those asignments.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali, I have checked again & again, but no such an assigment is applied to the specific order type. How to solve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u sure u have not assigned any manual item category in VoV4? Please check.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Cathy

You check there is more than one item category is assign to your sales doc type for different item category group,usages and higher level item category. So as said by Mr Murali system will not allow to select the item category which is not assign to yr sales doc type, category group,usages and higher level item category.

Thx.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts, many many thx for all your valuable advice, specially Dwarkesh, you remind me of Murali's comments.

Yes, I make a stupid error. I just look at the overview of item category assignment instead of the details. Very sorry for that.

Answers (0)