Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement Asynch to synch scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

my scenario is file to WS

the file is an Asynch to a WS which is synch (i want to get a response back).

how can i implement it?

i saw the synch/Asynch bridge but is'nt only for synch -> asynch scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi -

This is a simple BPM scenario:

- send an async file to the BPM process (if mapping is necessary, do it before the process receives it, unless you require a multi-mapping)

- within the process invoke a sync send to the WS and get the response

- send the response async (from the BPM process) to whereever (e.g. file system, DB, etc.) - again, if mapping is required, try to do it outside the process if possible.

So yes, you can do async to sync with BPM.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

A BPM is triggered by messages from one or many interfaces. Within the BPM you can implement an advanced orchestration of messages. (Collecting, correlations, splitting, transformations, asynch-synch bridge, and so on...)

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it in a way. what u can do is create a synchronous interface at the sender(file) side too with a dummy input message in it.create two message mappings one for request and one for response. Do an interface mapping between the two synch interfaces.while giving input u have to give input for the sender output message(File side output message) and sender file channel QOS must be BE. so the request and response mapping will be done,<b>But u cannot push that response.</b>

But one alternative could be, in the response mapping u can write a user defined fn where u could output the response from Webservice to a file using java IO or insert into Data Base using JDBC or Mapping lookup.

(Above solution is without using BPM).

with BPM u can refer the following blog

<a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit">/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit</a>

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Udi,

Check these threads ...

Regards,

Homiar.