cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server0 startup error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We run a Java instance with two server nodes server0 and server1. While server1 runs fine Server0 is stopped due to the below error. I have searched with forum and notes but in vain. I have reset the property com.sap.security.core.services in the Global server configuration as well us server node, but still no luck. I have also checked dbpool service in configtool which is defined with some properties.

-

#1.5#0002A5F0CF17001D000000090000149000045CAD81B1CC0C#1227800181843#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_33##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.

ume.db.connection_pool_type=SAP/BC_UME

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.xatransactions_used=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.is_unicode=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.oracle_native_driver_used=false: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:573)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.xatransactions_used=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.is_unicode=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.oracle_native_driver_used=false: ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" does not exist. Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "SAP/BC_UME" is defined is not deployed or not started.

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.init(DataBasePersistence.java:698)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:302)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:224)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:570)

... 6 more

-

Kindly help with some clue.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Server#Java###Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

EXCEPTION

Looks like there is problem with the UME settings which you have change. Look at the defaultTrace.trc trace file. There will be an explicit stack trace why the UME was not able to start.

What change did you make in the UME? Is the UME connected to an abap stack, if so, this setting is wrong. This is right now in Database (always) mode. Please check the UME settings in configtool once again.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/20/361941edd5ef23e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Jazz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Please login into configtool and navigate to global server configuration->services->com.sap.security.core.ume.service->ume.r3.connection.master.password,click on set button and give the password of j2ee_admin. and choose save button

then restart the j2ee instance or sap.

It will resolve your issue.

let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your time and reply.

The log file std_server0 and default_trc reports the same error which is posted above. If there is any issue with the UME settings or SAP/BC_UME alias none of the server nodes should work. But in my case server1 is up and running and server0 gives error. However I have also select the property com.sap.security.core.ume.service and set all the properties to default but still no luck. Is the BC_UME is server specific? How can i fix it?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shutdown both abap and Java.

Cleanipc

Then check if any of the processes are running and kill them accodingly and restart the server. It should be fine or else some settings with regards in the configtool could be causing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply and time.

No luck with above hints. All the parameters in the config tool is same. Any other guess??

Regards,

Anand

vikash_pakhrin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Could you Post the logs for std_server0.out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikash,

Its posted already please check

Anand