cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm not familiair with the DMS tool but I just wonder if we can use it in the folowing scenario.

Russian law requires many official documents and guarantees from customers in order to initiate and maintain business relations. These documents are often replaced and/or have expiry dates.

What we would like to have in place is a system whereby we get notified once a legal customer document has expired so that we can amend the risk category in SAP so all the sales orders are blocked until the customer has been renewed.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moaghmir,

Your scenario could be accomplished through SAP business workflow and SAP DMS. The workflow scenario would be, based on the expiry date of the document the system would send a workflow item to the user responsible, regarding the expiry of the document. The user could be guided through the next step of intended procedures by the workflow.

Again if the documents you are referring to are not associated to business object inside sap, there is no added value in trying to build this functionality inside the SAP system. Any document management software could deliver this functionality,

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your info.

Basically what the business is looking for is a functionality that once the customer contracts have expired that the system will block all the sales orders created for that customer.

I don't see how to achieve this and I think indeed that a workflow tool should be sufficient so that the user gets notified once a certain contract has expired so they can block the orders for the customer manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi AGHMIR

As i understand, there are couple of things in your requirement

1) Document Creation with validity date

2) Notify customer/concerned person on expiry of document

3) renewal of document

4) block Sales Order if document is out of validity date

I assume Each document must be associated with some material & BOM

I have few more queries, will documents be revision controlled?

If your answer is 'YES', then you need to user Engineering Change Management where-in you assign revision to document with various options of validity date. Whenever document goes out of validity date then using BAPI you can block PO/SO for a material which is linked to document.

2) can be executed by SAP WF

3) Can be executed as a part of SAP WF Work item

4) Can be manual or automatic depending on how you customize your system

rgds

Kamal