cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I setup a load balancing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I'm trying to create a new model. There is the load balancing tab at the SAP Logon Information screen. Where is it can be adjusted? I need to enter a new entry here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear may be of use

While JCo creation in Webdynpro Administrator->Maintain Jco destinations their is one option to specify load balancer.

If its about logon group you have to do it here

You have to do this in SLD -> Technical System-> Select Your System-> Message Server-> Add new Logon Group

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it didn't help, unfortunately.

Basis added a logon group but it didn't appeared in the list...

I have another question, more significant. If I were able to connect to a some SAP system and created proxies of BAPIs, how would I use it in the production? As you know I have to enter an user name and a password to connect... But it is ugly and insecure... May be there is a chance to use a SLD connection or something else?

To clarify:

I use the following guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/d5/1558bfa6aa80499113983e738b1b21/frameset.htm

I'm at the "Create Model" paragraph and I have to enter private infomation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have another question, more significant. If I were able to connect to a some SAP system and created proxies of BAPIs, how would I use it in the production? As you know I have to enter an user name and a password to connect... But it is ugly and insecure... May be there is a chance to use a SLD connection or something else?

While creating the proxies or model you might have noticed that Default logical system name for model instance and Default logical system name for Meta data. This two are basically to JCo destinations one for data and the other for metadata.

No when you move from dev-QA-Prod You need to maintain the same name of the logical destination used with details of different systems(obviously).

where to maintain this http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/welcome/Welcome.jsp Select content administrator and create JCo destinations

Hope its clear.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I need to enter a password just at the start of developing and only to create proxies? When I'll deploy a Dynpro application it'll use JCo settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, I need to enter a password just at the start of developing and only to create proxies?

Yes.

When I'll deploy a Dynpro application it'll use JCo settings?

Yes. As long as the name of logical destination is not changed.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm, I'll check it. One more question - as I can see (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/f8/bdfe80d9a3b048a5fb32a7d149774e/frameset.htm), the JCos setup only for one existing application? What if I want to create a few various Dynpro projects? Am I able to use one JCo in a different projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are configuring Jco using Webdynpro content admin you can use the same jco in more than one application.

One suggestion related with RFC usage: try to import all models to one dc and try to use it instead of spreading it accross Dc's.

Regards

Ayyapparaj