cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log file size in SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how and where can I define the log file size for SAP Netweaver. The Problem what I have is that there are to many log files in the directory. I want to set the log file size only up to 30 MB. Its only allowed to create one log file (The same settings which can be found in the windows event viewer).

In the visual administrator I can't find a setting for sizing log files.

Thank you and best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan, Michael,

thank you for your help.

Do you know if I turn this off and if i have DefaultTraceFile_Count set on 1 that the log file will be actualized(first or oldest message will be deleted and the newest will be set)?

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know if I turn this off and if i have DefaultTraceFile_Count set on 1 that the log file will be actualized

DefaultTraceFile_Count decided the maximum number of the DefaultTraceFile_Pattern files to be crated. When this number is reached, the system starts writing again in the first file.

For more details and information about other parameters in Log Manager, you can refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2b/09343e32ff1033e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps you out..

Cheers,

Jazz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using CE7.1,

I have a custom log file created.

I wanted to see it through Logviewer.

Hence In logviewer, I wanted to create a View by filtering with DataSources option.

Go to Logviewer,

Click on Advanvced Filter,

In Filter by Datasource,

Select GetAllLogs From, and input the log file name as the value.

this is giving Invalid Name.

Cant we see the custom logs from CE7.1 Logviewer??

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thank you!!!

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

the files in "..\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log".

I'm using MII 12.0 and all events like Info, Debug etc will be logged. Than I' ve changed the settings to log errors only. But now I want to set the file size.

Kind regards

Thomas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I'm aware thats not possible.... but not 100% sure so I'll let this open for someone else to answer.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visual Administrator Tool -> Server -> KERNEL -> LogManager:

DefaultTraceFile_Count -> is the number of files

DefaultTraceFile_Limit -> is the size of the files in bytes

Be aware, that usually the log files are not overwritten. They are archived in ..log/archive. To turn this off you can do this here:

Visual Administrator Tool -> Server -> SERVICES-> Log Configurator -> Tab Properties

Best regards

Michael

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what log file are you talking about? theres lots of them

regards

Juan