cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug an ABAP Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a webdynpro using ABAP. When I test it I am getting a error in the browser. The error is as displayed below.

The URL http://idesecc.timbuktoo.abc.com:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zmyflight_10/ was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system IDS : Lower-Level Node with Name DISPLAY.DATA Does Not Exist ?ꯂ??

The error occurred on the application server idesecc_IDS_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: GET_CHILD_NODE_INTERNAL of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_VAL=======CP

Method: GETFLIGHTS of program /1BCWDY/BYZZR3E6GV31NGB987DX==CP

Method: GETFLIGHTS of program /1BCWDY/BYZZR3E6GV31NGB987DX==CP

Method: SUPPLY_ELEMENTS of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_VAL=======CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE~GET_SELECTED_ELEMENTS of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_VAL=======CP

Method: GET_TABLE_DATA of program CL_WDR_TABLE_DATA_PROVIDER====CP

Method: GET_VISIBLE_TABLE_DATA of program CL_WDR_TABLE_DATA_PROVIDER====CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L3STANDARD==============CP

I want to debug when I execute the application in the browser. How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

Webdynpro ABAP code can be debugged by setting external breakpoints. When the breakpoints are hit, the (new) debugger will be launched. Note that you must not already have the maximum number of SAP GUI sessions open - if you do the debugger cannot launch and the application will not stop. Within the debugger a special tool is available to help you to debug the webdynpro itself:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/95a6c84f7c60b7e10000000a11466f/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/95a6c84f7c60b7e10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Regards,

Uday

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

You are getting this error as you seem to be trying to get the reference of a node which doesn't exist in your context. If you are trying to get the reference of a node DATA which is a subnode of node DISPLAY then you should try write the coding as:

data: lr_node type ref to IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE.

lr_node = wd_context->path_get_node( 'DISPLAY.DATA' ).

You can otherwise try it using the normal way as: (But this is not suggestable)

data: lr_node type ref to IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE,
        lr_sub_node type ref to if_wd_context_node.

lr_node = wd_context->get_child_node( 'DISPLAY' ).

lr_sub_node = lr_node->get_child_node( 'DATA' ).

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that you set external break point and not a sessions break point. More so check the name of your node "DISPLAY.DATA' , as it will not be possible to have a name like xx.xx for a node in ABAP.

System is throwing a dump as its unable to find node "display.data".

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

To debug WDA components, you need to set external breakpoints at the required positions in the source code. These external breakpoints are user specific, hence you must set these for the user tht you are using to test the application.

Now you should have the following two settings in your system to be able to set external breakpoints:

1) Goto transation SICF and activate external debugging for your service (or you can do it for all services)

2) In SE80, goto Settings (in the menu bar) ->ABAP Editor->Debugging->Acivate External Debugging (specify the user name and check the checkbox for IP matching)

Once these settings are done, position the cursor in the source code where you want to put the breakpoint, and click on the external breakpoint button in the toolbar (in SE80).

Make sure you set external and not session breakpoint.

Finally, run the application. You must have one SAP GUI session open and available, so that at runtime the system would open the debugger when it encounters the external breakpoint.

Chitrali

Edited by: Chitrali Shah on Nov 27, 2008 6:12 PM

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Set a break point in the ABAP as you normally would and the debugger will start once you execute it.

I assume you are executing it in test from SE80 - (you are running as the same user that you set the break point as)

Cheers