cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

response back to online application from ERP via PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a online application where customer buy product and do the apment online. now we need to process order,invoice,pamyment process in SAP ERP system based on the online information.

I know we can send the request to PI with HTTP code but how to send the response back to website,response will be send back from ERP to XI but how to displa response message online.

I am thinking of few solutions

1) using HTTP

2) Java proxy

3) can we exposue java application as webservice and use the SOAP adapters but again how he response will be send back.

can we avoid PI and go for EP.

chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

>>how to send the response back to website

It is allway the same technology as request (one process)

>>can we avoid PI and go for EP

This is not a technical but a strategic question

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a technical but a strategic question.

The option for avoiding the PI was it will direct interaction with ERP system.

any other thoughts.

chirag.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HTTP adapter would be an easy option for you.

If you consider your application as an HTTP client, then you can have a textbox in the application wherein you could display the response from XI. The similar situation could be seen in any http client tool we download from sdn. The xml is sent from any file and response is displayed in the text box.

can we avoid PI and go for EP.

The point here is that if you have to purchanse XI only for one requirement, then it would be costly business. However, if you already have XI in landscape and you want your systems to remain loosely coupled, then it would be better to use SAP PI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

How feasible is the solution using SOAP as I dont want to filter the option using SOAP as well.

If v exposue that application as webservice do we require additionl changes at application level.

We have already PI inplace,just wanted to think on other options as well.

chirag

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How feasible is the solution using SOAP as I dont want to filter the option using SOAP as well.

In this case, you will have to change your application logic as in case of SOAP sender, your application must work as a SOAP client as compared to the current HTTP client. You will have to make sure that proper SOAP header is added to your outgoing message.

We have already PI inplace

Use PI. You will appreciate this decision in future.

Regards,

Prateek