cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Button become Small Button after patching system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we have a produktiv running WD ABAP application, which runs on computers with touchscreens.

Because of that we developed the applicatin with big buttons (standard Ui element button with a big image) so that our user can hit it with their finger. now after patching our systems the buttons are small again and the big image in the button is cut.

Does anybody know how we can increase the size of the buttons?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution how to handle this problem without patching the system to SP18, if someone is interested in the solution please contact me.

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Benjamin Pfahl ,

i am really intrested in this problem.

Can u expalin me how u solved ,

Regards

Vivekananthan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin Pfahl

I am interested in the solution. Request you to publish the solution as weblog or post the same in Web dynpro Wiki for the benefit of larger community.

Thanks and Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i will post my solution the next days, via blog. I´ll let you know in this threat...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume you have upgraded your system from SP<=13 to SP>=14. We have a same problem after we have patched our system.

There was a problem with the alignment of the images when large images were used. Therefore SAP rectified the same in rendering corrections from SP13 which were available in SP14. As a result of which button size remains small even if you use large image.

You can not use theme editor to change the button sizes or image sizes. The only option is to raise an SAP ticket. SAP is already working on the issue as I had raised a ticket for the same. Hope to have a fix very soon. But I suggest you also raise an OSS ticket.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit.

Do you know if the problem is the same for WD JAVA. We have exactly the same problem since we updated to SP14 but we don't find any information about it.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mayte.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my information the problem was with in the general framework of Web Dynpro. Therefore it has to be a common problem for both WDA and WDJ.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit.

We also have opened an OSS ticket.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mayte.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!!

Hopefully we will have a faster response to this now. Our OSS ticket is open now for more then 20 days and I had highlighted this problem months back when patch was just released.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Latest update from Support Desk.

Hello Rohit,

we need some more time to fix it. It's not an easy roll back because

the change fixes several other issues where I have to find now other

workarounds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update information?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I checked the queue for that correction and it appears to still be in process. I looks like the fix will ship with 7.0 SP19. If you are running your WDA in the Portal and get a custom theme from the portal, then your portal must also be updated to 7.0 SP19. However all of this information is subject to change - as the work is still in process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tomorrow SAP is releasing note 1287376 to fix this issue. Prerequisite to apply this note is SP18.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is because of "SAP Development". They fix some other bug this way (search this forum).

You have to change theme to develop bigger buttons...Not nice. Also SAP say that they could remove iframe ui element away!

I have to change back to bsp...

KK