cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms, how to align main window if data exceeds 1 page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Smartforms, main window displays table data, 2 more windows are there where some total values are displayed which is placed below main window in smartforms. It need to be displayed once at the end and not in all pages.

If data extends to 2 or more pages, the space for Total windows are showing empty.

How is it possible to handle this problem without any space in first 2 pages?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

You dont need to do any thing for main window but give a condition for those two windows.

There are checkboxes...just select the ONLY AFTER MAIN WINDOW condition.

Thanks,

Hemal

Former Member
0 Kudos

In main window itself I have added one more table to display all the stuff which need to be displayed at the end only once.

Problem has been solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Kavitha VK

take a table in th main window...nd in the footer of the table u make the total .....i thk ths help u

try ths...

regards

Ritesh Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kavitha,

I understand that when the data exceeds in main window the other 2 windows are showing empty space.

I think here you can put some condition like if the data in Main window ends(Ie..data in Internal table) then only the other two windows should get executed so that unless and until it reads the data/ records from the Internal table and you can check with some condition like if sy-subrc = 0 or is the internal table is initail then the two secondary windows should gets executed.

You may create a program lines before the Secondary windows and put a condition in that like if Internal table is initial then execute the secondary window...

So that you can remove the unnecessary space..

This should work.

If you have any ideas then share with us

I hope this will be helpful..

Regards,

Kittu

Edited by: Kittu on Nov 27, 2008 1:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table's size can change dynamically according to data contained while template has fixed size so if no data is thr still it occupies space so use table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

fr those two windows u are using template it will take space

its better to use table instead of templates.

regrads,

prashanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those 2 windows just using text not table/template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

You can try putting a condition there..

If only the data ends in the Internal table which displays in Main window then the secondary window should get executed....

By doing this it will not occupy the Unnecessary space if data exceeds to second page.

The secondary window with text will display only when you are done with displaying the data in the main window and the flow data could exceed more than 2 pages, it could be 3 , 4 or any number of pages depending upon the amount of data...

If you can check some condition like the above mentioned then I guess your issue will be fixed.

Regards,

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you are saying, you are going to display totals only in those windows...Why dont you use footer of the table for the same purpose?? In the footer, you can enable the option to print after the end of the table. Or If you want page wize totals, then enable the option to print at page break.

And for Totals..you can use the Calculations tab in the smartform.

Regards,

Vishwa.