and based on that set the pirce characteristics value as default

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

These all are Object Variables:

Object Variables

You use object variables in a multi-level configuration, to describe configurable materials in a configuration structure.

You can use the following object variables:

u2022 $ROOT is the highest-level configurable material in a configuration

u2022 $SELF is the material to which the dependency is allocated

The material to which an action or procedure is allocated is the same material for which values are inferred by the action or procedure. To make it clear that actions and procedures only infer values for materials to which they are allocated, the characteristics are preceded by the variable $SELF.

In dependencies that are allocated directly to the header material, $SELF and $ROOT both mean the header material.

u2022 $PARENT refers to the object immediately above $SELF in a multi-level configuration.

The variable $PARENT has no meaning for the header material, because the header material has no superior materials.

In dependencies that are allocated to BOM items, $PARENT refers to the configurable material for which the BOM was created, whereas $SELF refers to the material of the BOM item.

However, in a multi-level, interactive configuration $ROOT may refer to two different objects:

u2022 If the BOM is exploded in production, $ROOT always refers to the material that transfers requirements.

u2022 If the BOM is relevant to sales and distribution, $ROOT always refers to the header material.

Hope it helps!

Preethi