Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting K_CCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to restrict k_cca auth object in a transaction role.As per my requirement i do not want any value in CO_ACTION field under k_cca auth object. If i enter dummy value in it, it says "Numberic Entries Only"?

Can some one provide work around for this.

Regards,

Sandhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the scenario u are facing currently is u want that object but you dont want that fied as activated data or dont want to provide any data for there.

Can you try by entering the value as ' ' and check.As this value will be taken by tht field.After inserting the value ' ' check is it working as per your requirement.

Please le me know the update.

Regards,

Amit

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If i enter dummy value in it, it says "Numberic Entries Only"?

I wouldn't be surprised if the CO_ACTION field has a check table behind it. Can you explain us why you want a dummy value there?

Yep, just checked, it has a table behind it so you have to choose (in my system) one of thirteen possible entries.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Nov 27, 2008 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you want to restrict access why dont you inactivate the object and generate the role ?

your purpose should get solved.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for giving suggestions. I deactivated the object and generated the role. That solved my problem.

Regards,

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the scenario u are facing currently is u want that object but you dont want that fied as activated data or dont want to provide any data for there.

Can you try by entering the value as ' ' and check.As this value will be taken by tht field.After inserting the value ' ' check is it working as per your requirement.

Please le me know the update.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Entering a dummy value ('<space> ') in an authorization field does not make sense unless the object is being checked for DUMMY and you realy need to protect the real values to be able to use them.

What might sometimes also help is to add a double space '<space><space> '.

Are you sure that you want to do this for a valid reason? Which transaction is this exactly?

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 29, 2008 9:57 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to insert the ~ symbol. Its also a dummy value only.

Regards,

K. V. Shrinivasan.