cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforce Parameter sap-language=EN for a WD application

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to enforce that all the users of my webdynpro application get the UI in english (even though some have set German as their language in their browsers).

This works well if the users add "?sap-language=EN" to the URL. However, I cannot force the users to add this parameter in the URL. Is there another way to enforce this?

Can I maybe set some parameter in the webdynpro application (similar to WDCONFIGURATIONID or WDDELTARENDERING)?

I also tried "SET LOCALE LANGUAGE 'E'.", but it worked only partially (for example it did not work if the MESSAGE statement is used).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The language can be defaulted in the iView Configuration in Portal.

Ranganathan.

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

What if I do not use the portal together with my WD application?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have the same requirement.

Please let me know how you solved your problem.

Thanks in advance

Kulvendra kumar

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I hve not tried out the solution from Chitrali yet, but that sounds possible.

Another solution, without using a portal, could be to enforce the URL parameter sap-language=xx in some way. I am thinking about some kind of redirect that adds this parameter to the URL.

Either I will do this in SICF somewhere (e.g. as a redirect handler), or I will implement this inside my application itself.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Check out these links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/49/53f23f6fb9f206e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3e/70de3f68d48f15e10000000a155106/content.htm

URL parameter sap-language is a generic parameter for BSP, ITS, WDA, and not specific for WDA and hence is not available in the application parameter list.

Hence if you are not using portal, one solution I can think of is implementing a sub class of CL_ICF_SYSTEM_LOGIN (as mentioned in the link). Then you can set the default language as EN by overwritting htm_login method.

Chitrali