Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my report i have 3 groups:G1, G2,G3

and i want to create e schema like this:

G1 Level1

G2 Level2

G3 Level2

wich means i want that group 2 and group 3 be both dependnet from group 1. I want first to show the all the records of group 2 and only after that i want to show the records of group 3.

Is it this possbile in CR, pls?

Pls if someone has an answer , share it

Thanks ,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without similar data it's going to be hard for me to validate my suggestion, but I'm pretty sure that the custom grouping functionality will do what you need to do here.

To use the same creditor/debitor example as stated in the thread, you'd create a group that pulls all related records, and breaks them into creditors and debitors, rather than a group for creditors, and a group for debitors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replys.

Can you explain me a little bit more what you mean with "To use the same creditor/debitor example as stated in the thread, you'd create a group that pulls all related records, and breaks them into creditors and debitors, rather than a group for creditors, and a group for debitors"

How to break them in creditoris and debitors? And is it possibilt from CR to create a group by a field wich is composed by 2 values(by 2 id for example)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like what you need is just two groups, and not three.

You can use 'Specified order' in your grouping options to create a custom group:

(copied from the CR 11 help files)

On the Insert menu, click Group.

The Insert Group dialog box appears.

Select the field you want the data grouped by from the top drop-down list.

Select in specified order as your sort option from the second drop-down list.

On the Specified Order tab, enter the name of the group in the Named Group field.

Click New.

In the Define Named Group dialog box, use the drop-down lists to select the data to be part of the group.

Click the <New> tab to add more selection criteria to your specified group, if necessary.

Click OK.

Click New to create more custom groups as necessary.

Click the Others tab to specify how you want to organize the data that is not part of the group(s) you defined.

Click OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for yr reply, but i tried what you suggested me , but i dont think that can solve my problem.

The problem is that i cant have a view like this of my report:

Let assume :

- group 1 has 1 record

- group 2 has 2 record

- group 3 has 2 record

And in this moment i get this report(if i use group by )

Group 1 record 1

Group 2 record 1

Group 3 record 1

Group 3 record 2

Group 2 record 2

Group 3 record 1

Group 3 record 2

What i want to show in my report is this one

Group 1 record 1

Group 2 record 1

Group 2 record 2

Group 3 record 1

Group 3 record 2

Only after all records of group 2 are shown i want to show the records of group 3 .

Is this so difficult to be done in CR? So what you suggest me ?

THanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

A simple scnerio with simple data would be like this :

You have an invoice. And for this invoice you have a list of creditors wich are part of this invoice and you also have a list of debtors wich are alsi part of this invoice.

And i want to have a view like this of my report:

Invoice

Invoice number: X

Invoice date : X

_______________ Creditor_______________(Wich is in fact group 2)

1. Creditor 1

2. Creditor 2

3. Creditor 3...

_______________ Debtor_______________(Wich is in fact group 3)

1. Debtor 1

2. Debtor 2

3. Debtor 3...

As you can see Creditor And Debtor are group but not under each others they are at same level with invoice .

THanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating a sub report for this scenario. and use the group individually in the sub report and place the records in the detail section of the sub report.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant use subreports, because this report is being called by another report as a subreport. In CR you cant use subreports after subreports. So i need another solution. Any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open one of the crystal sample report 'Hierarchical Grouping.rpt' and verify whether you are looking for the same feature?

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it doesnt help me , i have seen those samples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try inserting subreports in each group header to show specific group data.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain a little bit more?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a main report with three groups like G1,G2,G3 and now create 3 subreports like sub1,sub2,sub3

Place sub1 in G1 header, sub2 in G2 and sub3 in G3. Now link the subreports from main report using change subreport links and link it with grouped field.

Now in the subreports create the groups accordingly and place the fields that you want to display.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok this is how i was doing but then this report i am creating with subreport its needed to be called in another subreport. Thats why i was changing my subreport, because in CR as i know subreport after subreport are not allowed.

I dont know why some simple things sometimes are so hard to be done:)

Thanks to all of you for yr reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot place subreport inside another subreport but you can insert more than one subreport in main report.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know it but it doesnt solve my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

After placing the subreports in main report for subreport2 in GH2, since you are passing the value of grouped field in subreport create a group using the same field and place the data in detail section. So now you can see all the grouped data for GH2 without the next group data. Do the same for next subreport also.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

repost