cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable or disable the "Generate a Shortcut"icon in sapgui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to enable/disable the "Generate a Shortcut" icon in the sapgui?

We don't want our users create shortcuts.

Can this be done and how

leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of options is usually set by 2 registry keys. One to set or unset the option and one to hide the option in the menu.

Run a utility which monitors the registry while changing the option and you will find out the registry keys.

We have successfully used this technique to activate Guixt and to disable the option in the sapgui menu.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver is right...

Its controlled by the registry entry ShowShortcutTab in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon.

If you need to disable, set the registry entry for this to 0 by using the comand "regedit".

Cheers,

Jazz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Is there really no way to disable the buttons within the sap settings?

Kind regards,

Leo Harmsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know ) Try to check in first screen the Extras --> Administration Information ... (ot ctrlshiftf8) and read about SSM_CUST table , and other settings ...

Try to open OSS call to SAP ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the last option in the registry i can remove the shortcut tab in the logon screen, but what we want to remove is the shortcut creation button in the top of the SAP screen.

I also do not know how to remove this button by hand so I can not run an application that monitors the registry changes.

Kind regards,

Leo Harmsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have only one way , you need to control security access to desktop of particular users using domain politics and prohibit him to create *.sap files on their desktops ...

Regards.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this option is disabled in the SAPLogon Pad.

Regards

Juan