cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery quantity is not picked automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are doing Make to Order Scenarion naturally the cycle start with SO and ends with Delivery, All the Sales orders(what ever might be the no of sales orders) get clubbed and we get one Planned Order and One Production Order ( as per our requriement) then the Confimation, GR and then the Transfer Posting so as to make the Unristricted stock to Sales order (MB1B 412 E)

what exactly is the prob is while doing Transfer posting system is throwing a warning message saying "Sales order (SOBKZ = ) is not provided for this goods movement" as it is warning message we have proceeded. once it is completed the stock is shown as sales order stock but it is not picking automatically while doing delivery and it is not allowing to give manual delivery quantity, system shows Only zero quantity available

our requirement type is KSV, requirement class is 50 and strategy is 40

kindly help me to get the delivery quantity automatically

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved, as the requirement type was one while creating and the stock has been assigned to sales order stock with the different requirement type. the requirement type should be KE when we are posting the stock from production order stock to sales order stock. other wise such kind of problem will be encountered

Regards

BMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you are doing MTO senario, then the special stock indicator should be set as E in requirement class customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Michael Y, Thanks for your suggession.

I have tried this setting earlier which didn't worked, I even tried Special Stock in Item Catergory TAN that did not resolve my issue.

Any points which help to resolve my issue are well appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

an alternative focus for you is that instead of using movement type to move goods from unrestricted to sales order stocks, the movement type should instead be that after confirmation of production order goods should move from here to sales order stocks without passing through unrestricted.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Jonathan, thanks for your suggession

As you said to post the stock to sales order stock directly instead of posting it to unristircted, i tried to do it but the same error is triggered even now also

i used MB1B wit movement type 416 E which reversal of sales to project stock.

Kindly let me know is the process which i did was as per your suggession or it is something else, do please let me know the steps to do the right one

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If you have requirement type KSV which is linked to requirement class 050, this class have the special stock indicator = ' ' and the valuation and Acc.assig.cat. empty (transaction OVZG).

Like this the sales order line will not have the SOBKZ = 'E'.

That's the error/warning you're having "Sales order (SOBKZ = ) is not provided for this goods movement" is because you're doing a MTS to MTO movement but the sales order is saying that its MTS (make to stock).

Nevertheless the system let's you make the movement but when delivering the material the system is expecting to have MTS stock and not MTO - that's why your quantity available is 0,

Try to change from KSV determincation to KVV or KEV or KEL in ''Assignment of Requirement Types to transaction'' in SPRO.

Let me know if this helped you,

Regards,

Alcides Fialho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alcides Fialho, firstly thanks for your suggession

I have tried with the three rquirement types its working but the problem with the three requirement type is that they are clubbing the Sales Orders into single Planned Order and subsequently single Production Order, instead system is generating many Sale Orders Many Planned Orders which should not be so, i need to only one Planned Order what ever might be the no of Sales Orders.

hope you could get,

waiting for ur reply

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I've just questioned a colleague of mine from PP/APO just to be sure and from his knowledge this is not possible. Meaning that the concept of the MTO is one planned order + one production order per sales order.

Nevertheless I'm in a customer that with custom developments (heavy ones) this is being done - so with this custom developments yes it's possible - with standard MTO scenario - No.

So my question is why do you want to use MTO scenario ? You could use the MTS scenario and every time the system does a ATP check it will 'commit'' the SO quantity. so the next sales order will see it as ''committed to another sales order''. The movement of TO would not be a problem , and in this case you would be able to join many sales orders into one planned order and one production order.

Let me know.....

Regards,

Alcides Fialho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alcides Fialho, once again thanks for your suggession

Firstly we should to go with MTO scenario only

Seconly the currently process going in what you said like one sales order + one planned order + one production order, its ok if we have one sale order then only one production order will be there, but in case there are many sale orders with many line items........

Thirdly we could acieve(with all the required settings done) Single Production Order with Many Sale orders, also the Good receipt.and the sales order is picking the delivery quantity, provided the stock is in Unristricted Stock. but we have to make the unristricted stock as Sales order stock thats the reason we are doing stock Transfer Order (MB1B 412 E) which is not happening,

hope i could make you understand what exactly i need

Lastly as you said it is not possible with the standard, would you please tell me the kind of settings needed to achive my requirement

eagerly waiting for your reply

Thanks and Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Madhu,

Well. Ok, let's think about the MTO scenario only.

If I have a sales order with 3 lines (3 different material codes) the system (PP/APO) will surely create one production order per item, since the materials are different (normally the system groups in the same production order lines of sales orders with the same material, since this is MTO and because of costing purposes).

Your goal is to have only one planned order for this 3 items ? and how would you think to manage the costing sheet of this materials ?

To have the MTO batches in the delivery automatically, you need to be sure of :

- Production will always produce the qty of the sales order - no more, no less.

- your customer accepts partial deliveries - if production don't produce everything you can deliver anyway

- You can control the batch determination in the delivery via transaction VCH3 and create a strategy with class 023 and in the qty proposal field you can have a routine to control the value.

To have one planned order and one production order for many sales orders (with a different grouping criteria) should evolve PP/APO and BC development consultants.

As you can understand the solution of my customer is very specific and mainly made in APO - What I can tell you is that it is a very 'hard' development due to the fact that implies changes in R/3 and APO.

From the SD side we only customized the sales orders to be MTO and send the requirements to APO and check the availability in APO. After that is PP/APO.

For that I would propose to open a new post in the related area.

Hope my explanation was helpfull....

Regards,

Alcides Fialho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alcides Fialho, once again thanks for your reply

I would like to continue discription even in this reply also,as i though i have some more things to when i read your reply.

1. Sales orders or Sales Orders' Line item will be clubbed only when there is SAME MATERIAL in all Sales Orders or in many Line items in sale orders.

and i dfinetly agree with your point of "costing" and that's where we are not clubbing when there is a DIFFERENT MATERIAL we can ONLY WHEN SAME MATERIAL IS THERE

> Production will always produce the qty of the sales order - no more, no less. - YES

> Your customer accepts partial deliveries - if production don't produce everything you can deliver anyway YES

> You can control the batch determination in the delivery via transaction VCH3 and create a strategy with class 023 and in the qty proposal field you can have a routine to control the value.

This i could not get you

Hope iam pretty much clear atleast this time from my side

Its been great for me to get reply and i hope i would be getting a solution for my scenario.

waiting for your reply

Thanks and Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

No problem....that the main reason of the existence of the community !!!

Regarding your issue.....

The main problem is that MTO implies an specific account assignment to a customer account - when you mix the same material from two different sales orders from different customers in one planned order you'll have to say to the system how he will 'divide the costs' between the two sales orders.....because the system doesn't know for which line you're consuming for example a RAW material......

To be honest with you I see this a really complicated scenario without huge developments.

Regarding......

"You can control the batch determination in the delivery via transaction VCH3 and create a strategy with class 023 and in the qty proposal field you can have a routine to control the value."

Means that in the delivery creation you can activate the batch search strategy in order to make the system looks into stock and propose to you the batches for that delivery, in an automatic way.

Regards,

Alcides Fialho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alcides Fialho, HRU

You were asking me to use the Batch strategy, which is not possible as we are already using the concept of Batch Management(which is neccessary) for other purpose, so i cna't use Batch here.

can u plz suggest some other alternative to resolve my issue

Thanks adn Regards

Madhu