cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am using standard pricing procedure. My requirement is when i am creating a line item in the free good. I mentioned as exclusive. But my requirement is instead of coming as a subitem as a free the free item price should be calculated in the net document value in the sales order. I know this can be possible with the condition type nrab 59 and alcbv 29. Even though am not getting this. Help me in this regard.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i am not sure if i understood your case correctly, but did you want:

1. that the free item be included in the main line item and not as a separate item?

2. is your free goods scheme something like - a customer orders 11 pieces at $10 each, and the pricing procedure will calculate the order value as $110 minus $10 equals $100?

if this is what you need, then you must do INCLUSIVE type free goods.

please post again for feedback.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jonahtan,

I need this settings. Where do i do this . for this i maintatined in pricing procedure condition types r100nad nrab. I maintatined condition records in vbn1 transactions for inclusive eventhough am not getting that price as net document value please where am going wrong guide me further.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, again.

in your free goods condition record VBN1, make sure it is inclusive type when the upper left select button displays 'EXCLUSIVE'. enter your settings and under the column 'Free Goods' enter the value '3' (Inclusive rebate without item generation).

now, when you create your sales order and put the appropriate order quantity, only the main item will be displayed. there is no additional line item. if you go to the conditions tab, you will see in the calculation that the PR00 (or applicable condition type) will show the value for the entire quantity, and NRAB will show the discount for the free goods.

please try this and post again for feedback.

cheers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating condition record in VBN1 there is a control on left top which tells inclusive or exclusive

Actually you have to choose exclusive here

In the line item while creating condition records you need to specify whether inclusive/exclusive/inclusive without item generation at a column

Here you need to specify inclusive without item generation

Actually what you specify here takes the control in the sales order that is what you specify in the line item

If in the left top if it is exclusive you have to choose inclusive or inclusive without item generation in the line item

If in the left top if it is inclusive you have to choose exclusive in the line item

check whether you have choosen it right key here

It should work and it will work

All the best

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 27, 2008 9:09 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

His NRAB is the condition type for your requirement

NRAB is for free goods inclusive without item generation

Means in the sales order

10 + ! free is exclusive

9+ 1 free is inclusive

This means there is an additional line item in the sales order

To bring both of these you need R100 condition type with requirement 55 and alternate base for 28

NRAB works like this

Suppose a material x Rs 10 Priced and you have an inclusive bonus offer of 10%n the sales order will be Only one line item that will be material x total qty will be 10 units and the nett value will be Rs 90

This means the discount of Rs 10 is spread out on the main item hence the value of main item is coming to RS 90 instead of Rs 100

There is no additional line item in sales order

NRAB is for free goods inclusive without item generation with requirement 59and alternate base for 29

Once again

Suppose for e.g take a pen if it is priced Rs 10 and if you apply Free for that take10%

Exclusive means 10 +1 free

means in your sales order ther will be 2 line items

first it will be 10 qty which will be priced each Rs 10 and total will be 100

second will be 1 qty which is free

Inclusive means 9 + 1free

( free item is included in the order qty)

means in your sales order ther will be 2 line items first it will be 9 qty which will be priced each Rs 10 and total will be 90 second will be 1 qty which is free

In both these cases there will be two line items will get generated in sales document

first will be chargable item with item caregory TAN

The second will be item category TANN

Now coming to NARB

Means free goods inclusive without item generation

Means in your sales order there will be only 1 items with qty 10 the free goode cost will be distributed among the 1 item of qty 10

Means the order value will be RS 90 only

There will not be any extra item generated with TANN

For first two cases we use condition type R 100 with requirement 55 and alternate base value 28

For the third case we use condition type NRAB with requirement 59 and alternate base value 29

Business scenarioYou went to Shoppers stop: And there was scheme if you will buy One Jeans You will get Other Free Of Charge ,

For this you will use R100 Condotion Type, and it will have two line item, one with the Price and Second with 0 Price.

You bought One Laptop, and got Carry Bag Free here you will Use NRAB Conditiopn Type. and Only one line item will be there. No Separate Line item for Carry bag will be there,

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 27, 2008 4:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

i did in the same way i am using standard pricing procedures. I am not getting with subitem as free item. I dont want this material in the line item as second material. Whatever the procedure you explained i that way i am going but am not getting net order value as 100 rs. as well as sub item is coming.

Thanks in advance

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Check your whole confign for free goods..

Seems you have missed some setting

Regds

MM