cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit in MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a way to audit data changes in a MaxDB instance, and save a history of what was changed?

Regards

Clóvis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Clovis!

MaxDB does not provide a automated data change tracking and also no auditing feature (which would allow to track data access as well).

A generic approach to such a requirement is the use of database triggers that log changes into seperate log tables.

How exactly you implement such triggers depends on the exact requierments you have.

E.g. for a NetWeaver database it would not be sufficient to log the database user that peformed a change as all SAP users share the same database user.

If you tell us more details of what you want to do with this homebrew-audit-feature I can perhaps provide an example how an implementation could look like.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

nice to see you again too, and i'm happy you still have patience to reply open source users.

I think that here i will have same problem you explain as Netweaver,(i know nothing about Netweaver, only the name) since in my application i use same connection for different users, that connections are taken from a pool, then maybe audit with triggers isn't a option, and i cant set in Connection what is the current system user, right?

then the better approach is to make that audit system in my persistence layer, where i know what is the user, and what objects are inside that transaction.

regards

Clóvis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member87821
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to enable the change audit feature in the system. So I want to know which roles I should select while giving permission to enable the audit feature.

Please let me know