cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deletion of Master and Transaction data: adivise needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Unable to handle the hazaar error messages and job failures wrt CIF and db-lc consistency issues, I am now on to delete the full master and transaction data in in the clients test server from both APO DB and Live cache. I see lot of these time stream IDu2019s and GUIDu2019s popping up every now and then. So need to clean the live cache too !

In this regard would like to know (other than the standard trx and deletion programs) abt these programs below. if I need to take some extra precautions or are they advisable at the first place. I didnu2019t note them before and neither see it mentioned in some of any documents or sdn posts on md/td deletion.

/SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS- Delete all key table of live cache objects

/SAPAPO/DELTA_CLEAR u2013Delete all delta anchor items in Live cache

/SAPAPO/DM_LC_ANCHORS_DELMANDT- Create or delete master data in SAP live cache

/SAPAPO/DELTA_REMOVE_TRGUID- delete all delta records with transaction GUID

Pls. advise.

If someone has an authoritative document to share on step-by step cleaning of master and transactions data from apo dc and lc db- best practices, pls. share. I do have all these reports that i intend to run in the desired order but needed some document to reassurance that everything' perfect before i do RIMODINI again without any error issues. Source ECC system is perfect so nothing can go wrong from there.

Regards,

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lok,

Here is the list I use. We have a GATP, DP, and PPDS implementation. If you are using SNP, there may be more stuff. Also, if you have more than just '000' active version, you may have to remove certain data items from all versions before you can delete:

1. ERP - Deactivate ALL CIFs. Use model search in ERP until ALL CIFs attached to the SCM instance are inactive. This is a good time to also DELETE any older inactive models that may be hanging around from experiments or whatnot, just for general housecleaning.

2. SCM - Run Delta reports (transactional data) /SAPAPO/CCR - CIF_DELTAREPORT3. Delete items in APO that have no active models. This may have to be done again after all CIFs are re-established at the end.

3. SCM - Report /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER u2013 delete all orders, including external.

4. SCM - Report /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 clean up any inconsistant requirements

5. SCM - Report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL clean up all sd orders

6. SCM - Delete ALL temporary quantity assignments /SAPAPO/AC06

7. SCM - Correct LiveCache inconsistancies ALL data Txn SAPAPO/OM17

Now we start deleting master data stuff. In some cases you can use the regular transaction, in some cases it is easier to just use WUF. If you delete using WUF, make sure you include the items that have no use.

8. SCM - Delete all PPMs (ERP Production Versions). Mass tool SAPAPO/PPM_DEL sometimes works. I have gotten short dumps before. Mostly seems to work if you delete no more than 1000 at a time.

9 . SCM - Delete existing Resources (Work Centers) /SAPAPO/RES01

10. SCM - Delete External Procurement relationships (purchase info records) - SAPAPO/MTI2

11. SCM - Delete Transportation lane material assignments, /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1

12. SCM - If any remaining orders prevent deletion of product masters, try /SAPAPO/VS_CONS_CHECK

13. SCM - if you elect to delete a material, all safety stock must be set to zero in the Product master prior to deleting. Run SafetyStock heuristic when done to remove SS orders, or wait for the nightly job.

14. SCM - Consider if Product Location masters and Product masters need to be deleted. Delete as necessary. USE WUF to find any stragglers. You must be relentless.

15. SCM - If there are any existing orders which are preventing the deletion of any product masters, you will have to find them using SAPAPO/OM16 and then delete them using /SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_INCON_ORDERS. This is a last resort!

15. SCM - Delete any Location Masters as necessary. /SAPAPO/LOC3.

16. SCM - DELETE any IM Queue Errors, BOTH DIRECTIONS now. After each of the subsequent steps REPAIR any new queue errors. This may have to be done several times. /SAPAPO/CQ

17. SCM - One more shot at CCR. Delete any errors 'No active models'. You should now be suspicious of any other errors reported, since SCM is now supposed to be empty. Investigate and correct any remaining errors.

18. SCM - One last shot at correcting LiveCache inconsistancies Select ALL items, even if you don't think you are using the item. Txn SAPAPO/OM17

19. ERP - Re-Create/Re-Activate Master data IM's in proper order. Don't just re-activate your old IMs. This is also a good time to examine your IM Variants to see if they still make sense. For any Queue error, STOP, fix the underlying error before proceeding. It is not OK to just delete the 'bad' queues and keep going. You only delete an errored queue AFTER you have fixed the logical problem. Then, delete the queue, re-create and re-activate the IM. Activate in the following order:

a. Plant

b. Material (then Mass change SCM Product masters as necessary if needed in your environment)

c. Work Centers

d. Versions

e. PurchIinfRecs/Vendors

20. ERP - Create/Activate Transaction Data IM's

21. ERP - Create/Activate ATP IM's

22. ERP - Create & schedule regular Jobs

23. SCM - Create & schedule regular Jobs

Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These reports do not exist anymore in SCM5.0.. just discovered

/SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHORS- Delete all key table of live cache objects

/SAPAPO/DELTA_CLEAR u2013Delete all delta anchor items in Live cache

/SAPAPO/DM_LC_ANCHORS_DELMANDT- Create or delete master data in SAP live cache

/SAPAPO/DELTA_REMOVE_TRGUID- delete all delta records with transaction GUID

Pls.. answer the second part of my question. Even after delete locaitons, products, resources, orders, and stocks and starting afresh, I am still getting the orginal error - LOCATION_NOT_FOUND.. refer my penultimate post

If someone has an authoritative document to share on step-by step cleaning of master and transactions data from apo dc and lc db- best practices, pls. share. I do have all these reports that i intend to run in the desired order but needed some document to reassurance that everything' perfect before i do RIMODINI again without any error issues. Source ECC system is perfect so nothing can go wrong from there.

Ignore this message. reply to the first one in the threas