cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I drop a schema in MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem during system copy of SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 (linux and MaxDb). Export went just fine and I am on importing step now (via SAPinst --> System Copy). I have not choosen "Database specific tool", I have choosen export/import.

Also I have choosen to recreate DB instance and Schema.

ok, so here is my problem, on step "Remove database Schema" it fails and the log says: "The deletion of schema SAPP01 failed".

So i thought I would delete the schema manualy but I can not seem to find the approiate command for this. I have tried "help" command in dbmcli. But I can not find it.

Any help would be appreciated ).

//Pelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/45/51f05d6a4f3bdbe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

you can try "drop schema <schema_name>

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you but already tried that, did not work. "Unknown DBM command "DROP".

//Pelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is a SQL command and not a DBM command. You have to use Database Studio or SQL Studio and connect with the owner of the schema. (Not the DBM user).

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okey Wolfgang, it is becoming clearer then :-). I have installed Max DB database Studio but have not been able to connect to my MaxDB yet. But I guess MaxDB Database Studio is the way to proceed then?

Thank you for input and heading me in the right direction. I am only used to Oracle and SQLPLUS.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also use sqlcli (command line interface as sqlplus):

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it sorted out now by MaxDB_SQL_Studio. The log said "unknown user SAPP01" so I simply created it in MaxDB_SQL_Studio by:

CREATE USER SAPP01 PASSWORD xxxxxx

And viola ..now it could delete schema with the right user.

Many thanks for getting me in the right direction with SQL studio, that was the soultion for me.

//Pelle

Answers (0)