raw material or production resource tool or any other

thanks

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I think you should go with EPA material type.(or may be other). there is no restriction.

adn you need to defien the profile in OIS2

check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/3c/abc1f3413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

-ashok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

the equipement scenario comes in PM not in MM.

you need to use t-code IE01 to create equipments. in this case there wont be any materialtype it is against the equipment category.

-ashok

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

for creating equipment why do you need material type ,just enter the equipment category as M and specify the equipment number and save

if you want to assign the serial number then you have to specify the material number which has been created before .

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to assign serial no profile and for that i our MM guy is going to create material but he is confused which material type to be selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first create a material of your required type and in salesorg2 tab give the serial number profile and serialization level as 1 i.e. serialization serial numbers with equipment. After creation of materials when you do GR it will ask you to create serial numbers for that material and there would be a button to create serial numbers automatically once you do that serial numbers get created automatically. Because of serialization level 1 setting in material master with the same serial number the equipment will get created automatically.

regards

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

It depend upon the usage of the material .it can be raw material, spare parts. or

IF it is capital goods then we will take it as asset.

You can maintain as a ERSA - Spares or create as a asset.

May the IBAU meet your requirement ? You can check the config of the Material Type if it suits

If it is test equipment then you can create PRT also.

Regards,

Shyamal