cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

Currently i am working on POC for FI and PS integration.

hence needed the POC documents or templates for my reference

please do send them asap if u have any.

thnx&regards,

Shylini.p

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shylini,

I guess POC means Percentage of completion and not Proof of Concept in PS . If i am wrong then please do let me know what is proof of concept. I also want to be aware of this.

and if it is Percentage of completion , then do revert back , may i'll get u some documentation.

Thanks,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m talking about proof of concept.i want to what and all is necessary to do poc.Basically steps to create poc.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

POC -Proof of Concept in general is a demonstration or a short realization of a certain business model or idea to test its feasibility.

Proof of concept is a short and/or incomplete realization (or synopsis) of a certain method or idea(s) to demonstrate its feasibility, or a demonstration in principle, whose purpose is to verify that some concept or theory is probably capable of exploitation in a useful manner. A related (somewhat synonymous) term is "proof of principle".

Regards

Nitin

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a UAT (User Acceptance Testing) phase, you need to get each of the Business Process like normal FI postings, Tax Calculations, CO Postings, Month end processes (depreciation, allocations etc), year end closing etc. During UAT you need to develop test scripts and after the User tests it you need to get a sign off.

However, if you are giving an overiew to the client of SAP system which is basically to state that the basic business processes are working, in PS cycle is fine. From FICO/ PS perspective, you can display whether the revenue / costs / accruals are going to the right GL Accounts, postings to WBS & finally settlement to Cost Centers and Profit Centers are happening. You can also display whether a manual entry you are able to post in FI. You can also consider posting incoming / outgoing payments etc.

You can show the creation for Project to status change , Cost planning, Budgeting ,cost postings, project progress , settlement / period end closing.

Regards

Nitin