cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during export & import of rules in RAR 5.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We followed the steps mentioned in exporting & importing the rules as per the Config guide. But we

are receiving the below error during the import of rules. Can anybody please throw a limelight on why this error message is appearing?

"Error in Table Data ==> VIRSA_CC_CRPROF

SQL==>Insert into VIRSA_CC_CRPROF(VSYSKEY,PROFILE,RULESETID,RISKLEVEL,STATUS)Values(??????)

Record==>D VIRSA_CC_CRPROF null"

We also ensured that the downloaded file is not truncated and saved it in a separate folder. Does the file needs to saved in ANSI or Unicode text? We saved in ANSI

Also the background ground job is not getting scheduled automatically during the import of ruels. Is that due to the above error?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iliya,

Thanks for your reply. I will follow the above steps and resolves the issue.

Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

background job for generating the rules won`t be scheduled before you upload the file successfully.

The most obvious reason for this error message is that you have line in your file - in table VIRSA_CC_CRPROF that is corrupted. Make sure all lines from table VIRSA_CC_CRPROF have all predefined fields - (VSYSKEY,PROFILE,RULESETID,RISKLEVEL,STATUS).

If you keep hiting this problem just delete this table, after the upload you`ll add the critical profiles manually - I bet you don`t have many of them.

Also from my experience I always choose to save the downloaded file in UNICODE UTF-8 format.

Once the file is saved in other format, there`s no use of it, download it again and save directly in Unicode.

Make sure you don`t have empty fields, even in the fields where you don`t have values, you must leave space, otherwise you`ll keep hitting the same issue.

Regards,

Iliya