cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - split approved and rejected items for next step

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have just started building a simple approval workflow for any price variation of the catalog items. I have a question in regards to the handling of rejection and approval of items. Say I run the workflow which does the validation and it spits out 4 items with huge price variation which requires approval by the manager (using the Approve stencil). The manager logs in, review the items and mark 3 items for approval and reject one. It seems that using this Approve function, I can only proceed to the next step if ALL of the items are approved. Is there a way to be able to release the approved items leaving the rejected one behind? This is so that we can release the approved item first (which also means to check in the items) and leave the rejected item in check-out mode.

Appreciate your comments on the above.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Yes there is a workaround for dealing with the Approved and Disapproved Records by using the Process step instead of the Approve step.

Kindly follow the Elearning session below which will explain you how to go about this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90efe90c-b03f-2b10-65bf-e572fef6...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f28084-b90e-2b10-3eb6-d6565367...

You can also refer the other related links that discusses such common problems:

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks very much. I will try this out tomorrow. I do currently populate a status to the Item Status field so I can use that in replacement of the buyer_approved field in the demo. BTW, are there any sound from this file as I cannot hear anything.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Yes This Video is an Elearning session and has Audio Video both.

Make sure your Sound setting are activated to listen to the demostration fully.As its working fine on my system.

Explanation:

- You need to create a Field in MDM rep (say Approver status) of type boolean.

- This field will store the value as True or False by the Assigned approver based on the approval or rejection of the records.

- Then the records moves to the validation step in the workflow.

- Here the Validation is checked for the status of the field value(Approver status).

- The records with value True will stop.

- The disapproved records with value False will be notified.

Kindly Mark your thread as Answered if your query is resolved.So that others can refer it for similar problem.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (0)