cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split one salesorder item into two items in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to split one salesorder item into two different items in the same delivery.

This is because we will pick the material from two different storage locations.

Any user-exit to use for solving this?

Best regards,

Terje

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not using batch management.

I have looked into the foreign trade/customs standard functionality in SAP, but I can not see that them difference in stock in SAP what is duty paid or not.

We need to have documentation in the system for the custom goverement for what stock is duty paid and not.

For the same material we can have stock which are duty paid and not duty paid. This is decided when we do the goods receipt.

For stock coming from Asia, it is profitable to have this on not duty paid stock since we are exporting it back to Europe and Asia later.

We will send import and export EDI messages to a third party custom application handling all the papers with the custom goverement.

The only we need to make track on in SAP is the stock for what is duty paid and not.

In some situations we need to take stock from both duty paid stock and not duty paid stock when we deliver the same material to a customer. Therefor I asked the question of splitting one delivery item into two items.

Best regards,

Terje

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using two different storaga locations for duty paid articles and not duty paid articles.

Same material can be on both storage locations. In some situations there will not be enough quantity on one of the storage locations, and therefore we need to pick it from the other storage location too.

It will be a kind of availability check, but with som programming of logic according to which country who should have the articles.

Is it possible in SAP to do a split in the delivery?

We will only have one delivery for the salesorder.

We can not split the sales order, because the orders are received by EDI and the customers would not like to have to items back on the ordre confirmation for the same material.

Best regards,

Terje

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If same material is available in other storage location then transfer that stock from that storage location to your sales order storage location through transfer posting .

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terje,

You can create the delivery with reference to the SO in VL01N > reduce the delivery qty of the automatically generated delivery item to quantity you have in your Sloc1 > choose (menu) > Outbound delivery > Deliver Sales Order > input the suitable SO and SO item again, SAP will create a new item on the delivery document with the remaining qty.

So, you will have two delivery items > set the suitable SLoc for them > do the picking and book the GI.

This is a manual process, I don't know how to automize it.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the requirement was to have this process automatized? Manual is fine, but I don't see this a feasible option if you have 100 lines in the order..

If you want this automatized, I would suggest to enforce delivery split during copy control routines.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

If I do not define SLoc for Shipping point - Plant - Shipping condition combination in SPRO > LE > Shipping > Deliveries > Picking > Determine Picking Location > Assign Picking Location...

...and I use Batch determination...

at the time of delivery-creation SAP offers two SLocs provided the necessary stock is in two different SLocs. The delivery item is splitted into two items based on batch-Sloc combination.

So, Terje aim is to get the stock from the second Sloc if there's not enough in his first SLoc - I think this can solve his problem (if he uses batch management) and it can solve it automatically.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 28, 2008 9:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Yes, batch split logic can split the delivery item.

But what I understood from business requirement is that the reason for split is mainly 'duty paid articles' vs 'not duty paid' ones. Meaning you need to determine based on eg. country code which storage location (batch) should be determined.

And this I don't think you can support with the standard.

That is why I believe the best option is anyway few lines of code..

But Terje - do you physically separate the stock? Or maybe it would be wiser to look at SAP Excise Duty solutions to solve the case?

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage location for an item can already be determined at sales order item level.

Why don't you split this at SO then?

Another question - what would be the criteria for split? Meaning if you have 100 IT at original item level - how do you know to split this into eg. 60/40 for corresponding storage locations? Is that supposed to be availability based split?

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski