Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing-Condition Technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a small doubt in Pricing...

I have 4 condition types (CT1,CT2,CT3,CT4)in my Pricing Procedure....and the access sequence for in one of my condition type (say CT1) has 4 Access which are not marked as exclusive access..

Can someone explain me how the condition record is determined, if there are more than 1 access in an access sequence i.e. if a valid condition record is found in first acess is this determined in the sales order? Are further access ignored?

Now if further access are ignored what is Exclusive Access? what if there is another valid record in further access? Aren't they determined?

Thanks in Advance.

Challa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use exclusion indicator to improve the performance of the system.

When the access sequence is created, the normal logic used is more specific table to more generic tables.

So when exclusion indicator is set at different level of access sequence, if the system finds valid record, it just pulls the valid record from that level and will not move to other steps. By this way, the system performance is improved.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If the access sequnece accesses 4 condition tables & if exclusive indocator is not set in access sequence, then if all the condition tables have condition reocrds, system will take the condition record of the last table. This is because since the exclusive indocator is not set, system will check the condition records in the next table. It will continue to serach till the last table. If defaults the value which is there in the last table. This is the reason why it is always advisible to set the exclusive indicator.

Pls note that the access sequence is by default from most specific to more general records.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you dont check, it will pick last condition which have valid record.

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no exclusive indicator is set at any level of the access sequence, then the system will go through all the access level. If valid records are found at all the levels, then it will pull from the last level.

Regards,