cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Correction Request clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Invoice Correction Request (Document type RK).

In this we will have One line item as credit and one as debit.

the first item is for credit entry with item category G2N and second item for debit entry with item category L2N.

1)we cannot make any changes in first item, ie for credit entry, no adjustments is allowed only we can make changes in debit item. why so?

suppose i have a item with qty 2 amount 1000rs. But the invoice sholud be 900 rs , in this case what i need to enter in the debit item , is the amount or quantity.

2) if we can make debit memos and credit memos with this Doc type Rk , then why we need doc type L2(Debit) and G2(Credit)?

All answers are highly appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Go through Link-http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/55ff05545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me one thing

we are haing credit memo , then why we need invoice correction request.

as always assumed that credit memo wil be issued in case of invoice correction request but some times debit memo also.

Tell me exactly why is this invoice correction request is needed.

For example we have a invoice in which we have wrongly added two additional quantity to customer.

in this case we can have the credit memo to the customer then why we need invoice correction request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD,

Hope, this file will help:

[Invoice Correction Request|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/55fede545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm]

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

through some light on the difference please...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will try to explain you.

This Invoice correction request you are having means, you are having an approval step.

So that, the end user, I mean the person who is processing the document should not be able to do any mis-appropriation.

So every time , he wants to issue a Credit memo for the mistake in Invoice, it has to pass through an approval step. Some authorised person will check it and then only Credit memo creation is possible.

Beside this, the end user has to specify the "Order reason", that he has to specify as to why this document is taking place and this will be recorded in the organisation to ensure that it should happen regularly , by taking appropriate step.

That is why Invoice correction request, credit memo request, debit memo request, return request, they all contains a billing block. In these documents also, you have to specify order reason as to why this document is taking place as they created in complain phase .

This documents are created due to some complain.

This is an approval step and some authorised employee can only release the block and after that the subsequent document can be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradyumna for your explanation.

If we do directly credit memo with ref to credit memo request then also we have a block where someone has to release , then why invoice correction request only. Please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD

In the Invoice either you have send less quantity or you might have charged more and now you want to compensate it through a Credit memo.

But to ensure the right value is compensated for the difference in quantity or value, some authorised person has to check/verify it and this is implementated through a document called "Invoice correction request" which contains a block.

The authorised person can only release the block and then only Credit memo can be created.

This is called "Release procedure" and by this you can avoid / rule out any sort of extra favour shown to the customer by your end user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello pradyumna

thank you for the reply , again i have the same question to you.

for the scenario you said we can also do like this way.

first creating the credit memo request with reference to invoice then creating the credit memo with reference to credit memo request . in this scenario also we will get the block ,it also solves our purpose. Then why we need invoice correction request?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice correction request is only being created with reference to billing document.

Invoice correction request can solve the purpose of returns and credit memo in one document and is also has legal requirement in some European countries like Poland and Romania.

Thanks

Krushna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

This relation L2 (Debit memo) from RK (Invoice Correction Request) does not exist in Copy control (VTFA).

"Invoice correction Request" is a document created during complain phase, that means either the customer has received less quantities or you have charged high price for which the customer has made a complain.

If you have charged less or given more quantities , then no customer makes a complain.

In that case you may need to cancel the invoice .

I hope, that is why from Invoice correction request, Debit memo creation is not supported by copy control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could any one explain this to me please

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this help link

[Invoice Correction Requests|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/55ff05545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further explanations gurus...

Thanks Lakshi , I will award you at the time of closing the thread

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friend

RK document is used to make changes for the customer , if price goes up so the price has to be changed then 1st line item only we need to change , in the same way the quantity also .thats why the 1st line item wont gets grade out but only the 2nd line item will get grade out

Coming to your example , if the price is Rs.1000 and the invoice amount should be Rs.900 then you need to change the price manually from Rs.1000 to Rs.900 and then you do billing and pass it to FI

Coming to your second query , it all depends on the requirement first of all. wheather they should use RK document only or they should use L2 and G2 documents.

Regards

Srinath