Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to SAP standard reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our client requires a significant number of users to have access to up to 50 SAP standard reports in SAP R3. Ideally, they would like a user to only be able to report against the employees (for example) in their country and also only those employees within their remit.

What are the options available to do this? From what I understand we could either customise all the standard reports they require, or, we could input structural authorisations. Would the latter option be possible?

Many thanks

Lucy

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

What reports are they? If they are HR reports then it is likely that structural auths would do what you need, though you will need a properly configured org structure set up in your system & the relevant structural auth setup.

It may well be that you can use standard HR auth concept to provide the restriction as long as the structure of your organisation fits into the standard SAP model & you can use P_ORGIN to restrict (if the reports support it - if they are HR reports then that is likely).

If they are not HR reports then it gets a bit trickier and you may need to modify them to meet your requirements. It's difficult to say without knowing the reports you are trying to restrict

0 Kudos

Hi Alex

The client is implementing HR so yes, all the standard reports I am referring to are HR. Some examples are:

S_AHR_61016498 Job index

S_AHR_61016499 Job Description

S_AHR_61016501 Complete job description

S_AHR_61016502 Existing Positions

S_AHR_61016503 Staff assignments

S_AHR_61016504 Position Description

S_AHR_61016511 Complete Position Description

S_AHR_61016528 Structure Display/Maintenance

S_AHR_61018831 Obsolete positions

They have an org structure set up which is fairly complex as the client works globally and there are a large number of different org units and 'dotted lines' etc for approx 3500 employees. Do you know how long (approx) it would take to set to set structural auths up? Are we talking a couple of weeks or maybe a month?

We looked at the option of adding P_ORGIN to the reports in order to restrict them as the client already uses this (field PERSA) in other HR roles to separate activities by personnel area. By adding P_ORGIN though wouldn't the report then become customised and even then only restrict by personnel area - the client would like to restrict users to only the results relevant to their team rather than country. I.e Joe Bloggs who works as a manager in the distribution dept in UK could only report against his employees within that dept rather than any other employees within UK in general.

Thanks for your help so far.

Lucy

0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

It looks like structural auths would be the right solution for your requirements.

I'm not an expert in that area, but I'm pretty sure that to get the structural auth concept up and running would take longer than a couple of weeks. Once you have switched it on, it will also be wider reaching than just a bit of reporting too.

Hopefully one of the posters on here with more structural auth experience will be able to chip in....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex for all your comments. Our client has now decided against structural auths.