cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Vendor Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create an application that calls "BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE" bapi. The aim of my application is to be able to Create a Vendor Account on portal. It should exactly do same as transaction "XK01".

The above mentioned BAPI doesn't have any Import parameters and so it doesn't render the screen as in XK01. Could anyone explain me the process of creating an application that has all the fields that we can see on the screen (XK01) as input parameters and stores them in the relevant table on the backend and returns an Account number.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards

PG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The EJB is the entity in which you will write the code to implement database and bare bones programming logic. As opposed to Web Dynpro in which you write ui logic and business process flow logic.

In this EJB you can write code to populate JDTs and call other EJB. Once completed you can use them inside WDJ components and expose web services as well.

I highly recommend a Webdynpro ABAP or a core ABAP solution since the requirements demand it.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.

p256960

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello p256960,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have spoken to my ABAPer about the creation of a custom BAPI for the creation of Vendor. But, he mentioned about a Business Package (Buyer 1.3) that is available on SAP Marketplace. Is that a good idea of using that business package in order to fulfill that requirements? Because, we are going to work on Financials down the line. Please, let me know about it.

Could you also give me some documents about the BP Buyer 1.3 (I have already got the halp.sap.com documents). I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If indeed SAP is providing a Business Package that suits most if not all of your Business Requirements - I think it would be a best fit scenario for you.

SAP will provide you the software you need and probably support in its installation as well.

However, you will need to do some research on whether the package suits your Web based needs as well.

Please plan carefully prior to actually implementing it - a few things to check would be the cost, installation complexity, support packages and requirements, ROI and customization flexibility.

I am not aware of the ABAP business packages and cannot comment on Buyer 1.0.

Hope that you find the right software for your needs.

Thanks.

p256960

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We have not yet made the decision about that.

I did not understand your point of ABAP Business Package. Are Business Packages of different types? And, as far as i knew, the business packages are concerned, they can be downloaded from SAP Marketplace and doesn't need to buy them seperately.

Could you also explain me when you say "Buyer 1.3 as ABAP Business Package".

Regards,

PG

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A business package is a piece of software that SAP has built for a specific purpose. This is added onto existing SAP installations. These business packages are usually freely available for customers or require payment in case of special applications (again not sure on this point - I am sure that you can clarify the facts from service.sap.com).

In your case if the application is freely available it is well and good - because you can then download and try it out.

Keep in mind that you will have to meet the preequisites of the business application before installation.

p256960

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to it : Business packages can be for the ABAP or Java stacks. As a developer I call Bus Packs for ABAP as ABAP Business Packs.

Since I dont know a lot about the business package you are talking about - I thought that it would be an ABAP business package.

Sorry if I wasnt clear.

p256960

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Where about can I find information about the Buyer 1.3 business package. Because, I was not able to find out much information about it. Also, How do I find out, whether the business package is for ABAP or Java Stacks? Please advise me about this. I would appreciate your help.

Regards

PG

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the required information is available in the "Software Download" section of service.sap.com.

p256960

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards

PG

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes - I have understood the requirement.

The issue here is that there aer no "Import" parameters when the BAPI executed. The BAPI itself will call another BAPI and the second BAPI will collect data off the screen using screen fields.

Now since you want to have a WDJ application running on the screen and you want to update data in R/3 - the most efficient way to do it is via Models. For WDJ applications , the BAPI input (Import) params and output (Export) params are passed to and fro between WDJ and R/3 via a special context that consists of Model Classes.

Now you can try and create a model for the BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE, but I am pretty certain that you will get only the "Export" and "Changing" Parameters . If this is okay for your requirement - then you may use it.

Else, since screen fields are used in the BAPI itself - what we can do is either:

1.) Write EJBs that will complete the data operations (indicating that you will not need to use the BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE)

2.) Find a wrapper (as Suggested by Siddharth) that will have Import Parameters that will supply the user input to BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE.

3.) Write a BDC that records a user inputting all information into the BAPI_VENDOR_CREATE ABAP screen. Suitable modify this recording and put it into another BAPI (Say ZBAPI_VENDOR_CREATE123). Then you can use the Adaptive RFC Wizard to get the Model for the ZBAPI_VENDOR_CREATE123 functions. Which you can then connect to your Web Dynpro Application.

Like I said - I am not a skilled ABAPer so the third option's feasibility is unknown.

Hope that this will give you some ideas on how to solve the problem.

Thanks.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have got some idea about the process now. I appreciate your help.

Could you also explain me about the first option, i.e., Writing EJBs to complete the data operations. I am not quite familiar with that process. But it sounds interesting and easy way of doing it. So, I am looking forward to know about it and proceed.

Regards

PG

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

You have two options to achieve this:

Using R3 transaction Iview you can directly expose the XK01 transaction on portal and give a role based access to your users.

If you want to Use Webdynpro then i you can Identify the SAP program and Package from the Transaction ,Then you have to study it what RFCs are being used and what you will require as a model in your Webdynpro application.

i would suggest taking help from an Abaper for the same who will help you in identifing the same.

Siddharth

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although I am not an ABAPer so my suggestion would seem comical.

Can we record a BDC for XK01 - use that in a ZBAPI and then use the ZBAPI in a WDJ model?

Thanks.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. May be I have not asked my question properly. My requirement is, We want to develop a Web Dynpro Application that allows the users to fill in the details of a Vendor (same as in transaction XK01). We want to give this application to normal people who are not used to SAP and at the same time we want the form to be validating the fields and checking the back end to avoid duplicaiton as well. I hope, this gives a clear picture about my requirement. Please ask me, if this is not clear. I would appreciate your help.

Regards.

PG

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

I am not sure about the exact requirement but Just a suggestion,You can achieve the same using R3 transaction Iview.

Siddharth